Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Okay since the only Timer thread is dead... CED 7000 vs. Pocket Pro ii

Chutist

Why o why does CED not manufacture an updated CED7000 with a (quickly changeable) 9 volt battery ?????

They would sell sell sell !!!!

Edit: I realize the timer case would need to be slightly larger, but hey, they are most likely made in China !!

Rechargeable batteries are horses posteriors- jmo.

Edited by jacala

3 hours ago, jacala said:

Why o why does CED not manufacture an updated CED7000 with a (quickly changeable) 9 volt battery ?????

They would sell sell sell !!!!

Edit: I realize the timer case would need to be slightly larger, but hey, they are most likely made in China !!

Rechargeable batteries are horses posteriors- jmo.

And a LARGER, easier to read screen that works with polarized lenses. That would be the ideal timer, IMHO.  

23 hours ago, jkrispies said:

And a LARGER, easier to read screen that works with polarized lenses. That would be the ideal timer, IMHO.  

+1 on that polarized lens thing!

On the other hand...

My CED 7000 is something like 10 or 11 years old and still going strong. Used a couple others for a few years before and the 7000 is by far the better machine, Don't use the belt or wrist features. Lay it on the barrel and it picks up all the sounds. (mine will even register when you rack the slide close by). It has been taken apart, new battery (after 10  years), under water (rice bag time!), used, abused and still timing!

Bought a ShottMax as a backup. Same display problems but not a bad timer - except the battery life is a lot shorter.

Next timer will be a 7000 also.

My .02

I have a CED7000 with the extended AA battery doo dad and various other accessories AND I keep it charged up

all the time.

BUT I keep reverting to (using) my PACT Club Timer that I've had a lot longer (15+ yrs?). It clips onto my belt easily and I've

stuck non slip "spots" all over it so sweaty hands don't drop it and a spare 9 volt battery is always in my range bag.

Oh btw, I gifted my Pocket Pro 2 to a new rookie shooter(nothing wrong with it -worked great--but size does matter ! )