Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Special Classifier Midland Texas 12/4/16

Sounds fun!  Registered in two divisions and got a hotel room for Saturday night!

Depending on how busy it is I might look into classifying in two other divisions but that would require a gear change and I don't want to bogart the slots up front. :)

Thoughts on the impact of weather this weekend?  Looks like Saturday is wet and Sunday morning could be up through 9AM or so.  I got a cancelable hotel room but need to think through plans, alternate matches, etc. if this looks like it might get wiped out.

At this point we are going to proceed as planned with the match.  Its going to be cold and possibly wet.  Our range is about 10 miles south of midland so its hard to tell what the range will get in regards to rain.  

I know you cant wait until Saturday to find out about the rain situation.  Since the classifiers are small we can move them around the bays as needed to avoid any mud or standing water.  But that is still a long way to travel for crappy conditions.  

4 hours ago, CrashDodson said:

I can try to remember to bring mine.

I'd appreciate it if there's a dry place to set it up.  Mine's on my Christmas list this year... :)

If there's enough time I'd love to add classifications in several divisions.  I'm willing to play it by ear with the weather and of course pay for each one.

Edited by mreed911

• 2 weeks later...