Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just right carbine

Hello, tried searching.  Either the engine sucks or I do. Couldn't find much on the JRC for PCC.   I am in the planning stages of a PCC budget build. Right now it's between a psa colt or glock lower with a custom built 16" upper or a JRC.  I've gone back and forth a ton.  Does anybody have any experience or insight on the JRC and its suitability for our game.  One attractive feature is they make an m&p mag version.  I have a few m&p's and lots of mags.  I don't own glocks or anything that uses colt smg mags.  Though I'm not apposed to buying the mags. 

Any helpful insight would be appreciated.  Thank you. 

I shoot a jrc in PCC. 

Bads:

mag release is on left side instead of normal AR-15 position. 

33rd glock mags feel loose in receiver. My buddy had one fall out inadvertently but I never have.

No last round bolt hold open (not a big deal to me)

cleaning is a chore compared to an AR

It is a really fun gun to shoot even with the oddities. Just stuff to be aware of.

Hello: Don't let the mags be your hangup. It was mine at first. I just bought 32 round Colt SMG mags for $12.99 each. Glock G18 33 round mags are $30 each. There are a bunch of base pads available now for the Glock mags. There are a couple of guys making some for the Coly SMG mags and there will be more to come if PCC really takes off like I think it will. I am building a Glock mag AR and I am going to try one of the Colt SMG AR15 inserts for the Metalform SMG mags. I have a Mech Tech I am using right now and it works well but I like a better trigger on rifles. Look on You Tube to see what you can find. Thanks, Eric

Hello: If you are going the Colt SMG 9mm route. Palmetto Armory have Metalform 32 round Colt SMG 9mm mags on sale for $12.99 each or order 10 with free shipping. The 20 round mags are $14.99 each. I am going to try a Hahn bottom insert in one of my AR15's with the Metalform mags. My other PCC will be Glock mag based. Thanks, Eric

The only reloads I'll ever have to do will be required or because of an issue. But, it's very easy to get to, I just tap it with the palm of my left hand and drop down to get the next mag.

IMG_20161124_111856176.jpg

Edited by UFO
  • 2 years later...
On 11/24/2016 at 11:27 AM, UFO said:

The only reloads I'll ever have to do will be required or because of an issue. But, it's very easy to get to, I just tap it with the palm of my left hand and drop down to get the next mag.

IMG_20161124_111856176.jpg

What did you do to lighten it up that much? That’s the main thing I dislike about mine is the weight vs an ar9 variant. 

When all is said and done, you're probably going to be into it for as much as a JP costs. And the JP works right out of the box (at least the ones I know of do).

This. I picked up a JP this afternoon and headed to the range. Took it out of the box and it just ran...about 300 rounds without a hiccup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
On 9/6/2019 at 4:21 PM, robertg5322 said:

When all is said and done, you're probably going to be into it for as much as a JP costs. And the JP works right out of the box (at least the ones I know of do).

Disclosure: I don't own a JP rifle. I do own two other AR 9mm rifles. And like I said, they take work to get running right. Buy once, cry once.

• 2 months later...
19 minutes ago, Wboyce said:

Folks, looking for a company that makes aftermarket parts for the JR Carbine. Specifically Looking for a over size enhanced mag release

thanks Warren

I don't own a JR, but the pictures look like they use a regular AR15 mag release on the left side of the receiver.  If that's the case, any oversized AR15 mag release would work.  The picture posted above by UFO looks like a XMR 2 AR15 extended mag release by Odin Works seen here:  https://www.odinworks.com/XMR_s/1862.htm

• 5 months later...
On 11/23/2016 at 4:10 AM, mach1soldier said:

I shoot a jrc in PCC. 

Bads:

33rd glock mags feel loose in receiver. My buddy had one fall out inadvertently but I never have.

It is a really fun gun to shoot even with the oddities. Just stuff to be aware of.

I was worried about how loose the magazine fits. Any way to fix this?

I shoot a jrc in PCC. 

Bads:

I was worried about how loose the magazine fits. Any way to fix this?