Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

"Unstipple" a gun?

TerryYu

So I am considering pulling the trigger on a VP9 for SSP/prod shooting but it has been stippled. The grip I believe is legal but there is stippling above the trigger guard where the thumb rides. Pretty sure that is illegal.

Is it possible to smooth out that part of the frame enough with some sanding/filling to pass an equipment check at a regional match or is the gun done for the moment the frame has been touched?

You would have to check out the prod rules as far as where the stippling is since you didn't post a pic. But you can't unstipple the gun. Maybe someone talented could get it unnoticeable but would it be worth it if someone did notice at a big match. I know they loosen the restrictions on carry optics as far as what can be stippled. So the gun might not be a total lose for uspsa

Edited by Mully383

Thanks for the advice. The seller sent me another photo and it was worse than I thought. He had literally stippled every single surface (including the mag release!) on the frame so I backed away from the deal.