Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark 7 LTE??

How new is this LTE mark 7? How come I have never ready anything here on the Mark 7 "entry" level autodrive? This suddenly doesnt look so out of reach.. at almost half the cost I dont get why I have never heard of this? I wouldnt be cranking out no 100,000 rounds a year so it would seem to suit shooters like me more than the top of the line options. With a promo code that is running for another week I think it brings this auto drive down to under $1500.

On 11/22/2016 at 7:58 AM, Shmella said:

How new is this LTE mark 7? How come I have never ready anything here on the Mark 7 "entry" level autodrive? This suddenly doesnt look so out of reach.. at almost half the cost I dont get why I have never heard of this? I wouldnt be cranking out no 100,000 rounds a year so it would seem to suit shooters like me more than the top of the line options. With a promo code that is running for another week I think it brings this auto drive down to under $1500.

Care too share the promo code?

On 11/23/2016 at 0:17 PM, CraigS. said:

Care too share the promo code?

Benstoeger is 10% off an auto drive

Benstoeger1 is $100 off the lte

Ends on the 29th

Edited by Kraj

Ill be sure to update on what actual features this will have vs speculation when mine comes in. Jog up and down would be nice, and as long as the built in dwell cycles slow enough not to spill powder from a case full of 9major I could care less about being able to adjust it further. 

3 hours ago, Shmella said:

Ill be sure to update on what actual features this will have vs speculation when mine comes in. Jog up and down would be nice, and as long as the built in dwell cycles slow enough not to spill powder from a case full of 9major I could care less about being able to adjust it further. 

I questioned about the index speed on / off setting , what sort of # index speed does the on setting equate to on the X/PRO, is it a fast index speed? very slow? somewhere in between?

1 hour ago, alecmc said:

I questioned about the index speed on / off setting , what sort of # index speed does the on setting equate to on the X/PRO, is it a fast index speed? very slow? somewhere in between?

I would like to know this too

Here are the differences:

Hardware 

7 inch vs 9 or 10 inch , tablet and motor with medium torque

The software on the system is basic machine control 
Digital clutch has 3 settings only h/m/l
Index is  on or off . Off is regular shell plate movement .  On slows to the equivalent of 4/5
There is no step by step digital jog 
There are no software monitors - where u can pre program the machine To stop after a certain amount of round produced, e.g.

Outside of those this has all the hallmark features of the Mark7 system, like downloads and updates, circuitry and so forth ..

• 1 month later...

I'll update on this because I ran mine for the first time last night. I havent ran a Mark 7 before so I cant compare the index speed to an actual number. But with index on, the index is incredibly slow. Even with it off it is slow enough that you could probably run it like that and load with no issues. I'll play around with that some to see which works better.

Like said above, basic machine controls. Rounds per hour, stop, Run, Home, and Calibrate. There is no forward reverse. "Run" obviously runs it. "Home" returns the tool Head to the top of the stroke. You have to Stop the press via "STOP" then press home and it will return to the top of the stroke without completing the stroke where ever you decide to stop it during a cycle. Very basic and the price is right in my opinion, satisfies the market I fall into. I believe it will do everything I want from an autodrive without having to upgrade but its nice to know the option is there to go to an X or PRO if desired. I'll play around with the clutch settings and process brass and load rounds as well and update.

• 2 weeks later...

Fyi to anyone who cares, the LTE loads 9 Major no problem using Silhouette, AUtocomp with little to no powder spilling at all. Im running it with an FFB shell plate and didnt really attempt to "tune" it all that much. No bearing kit installed either so maybe that would help the index snap a little more as well. 7-7.6 Grains of Sillhouette and maybe one or two flake/granules will jump out of the case. That is running at regular index. Slow index option seems to help too. I was also loading at 1200 RDS per hour.

Thanks for the update and Congrats on getting it up and running. I have the pro model but like you think the lte would have been fine for me. The remote stop switch makes a nice add on. You don't need the bearing kit with the mark 7 and the FFB plate IMO save your money.