Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Johnny Glocks Trigger

Hitman321

Just got my 34 back from him and all I can say is "Wow!"

Super responsive via phone and very quick turnaround time.  What I got back from him was an amazing trigger with zero take up, crisp glass break, no over travel, and a short, positive reset.  Basically, everything I wanted my Glock trigger to behave like, he produced.  Let me put it this way...a small part of my competitive thinking was reluctant to share how good this trigger is.  I'll leave it at that.  If that doesn't convince you, word is he does trigger work for some serious big name shooters we would all recognize.

http://johnnyglocks.com

48 minutes ago, Hitman321 said:

Level III Competition, call him for the price, 1 week.

Please don't take this as being confrontational but why do people do this? "You should go to this guy or girl they're awesome or you should have this or that done you'll never regret it, but I'm not gonna tell you how much it cost."

And before you say just call him. I have. Twice. And once about 6 months ago. I couldn't get him to answer. No. I didn't leave a message. I always lose at phone tag. 

18 minutes ago, Swanny10 said:

Please don't take this as being confrontational but why do people do this? "You should go to this guy or girl they're awesome or you should have this or that done you'll never regret it, but I'm not gonna tell you how much it cost."

Probably got a price break for telling everybody to buy one? 

Hitman I am going to save you grief and time. While I agree with you 100% that the triggers he can produce if you send your gun to him are far and away the best I have ever experienced Johnny does not go over very well with this crowd. I have 3 of his and at least that many of most everything available to compare them to. They are superb but for some reason he is not very popular on this site. So save yourself the time of being tarred and feathered and just let it go.

Since you mention it....what does it mean to be a vendor?

24 minutes ago, lumberjack149 said:

To each their own but i would recommend a DK custom trigger over the Johnny Glock for two reasons.  Both make nice triggers (I have both,  they were drop in, both feel great) but DK is a vendor on this forum and DK sponsors matches.

3 hours ago, bowenbuilt said:

Hitman I am going to save you grief and time. While I agree with you 100% that the triggers he can produce if you send your gun to him are far and away the best I have ever experienced Johnny does not go over very well with this crowd. I have 3 of his and at least that many of most everything available to compare them to. They are superb but for some reason he is not very popular on this site. So save yourself the time of being tarred and feathered and just let it go.

I understand why you are saying what you are saying, but you have no idea what we as mods had to deal with when it came to Johnny.  He had an opportunity to join the club and share his knowledge and product.  he didn't...

web site is dated...and highly suspect. If someone advertises with a web site over 2 years old ....what does that tell you? A poor broke college student could do better...

Call me biased and an old stick in the mud. You can have a Glock;  warts and all that eats everything and has a decent trigger. Or you can chase a 1911 want to be trigger that will only function with federal primers and fail the drop safe test.

Show me the man who creates  a less than 3# pound trigger that works with anything I stuff in the gun ( Wolf ammo, surplus SMG ammo, etc..) and keeps every factory safety 100 operational. Wallet standing by for quite a few years now...

You can't  put a saddle on a unicorn and ride it in the rodeo. 

3 minutes ago, rdinga said:

web site is dated...and highly suspect. If someone advertises with a web site over 2 years old ....what does that tell you? A poor broke college student could do better...

Call me biased and an old stick in the mud. You can have a Glock;  warts and all that eats everything and has a decent trigger. Or you can chase a 1911 want to be trigger that will only function with federal primers and fail the drop safe test.

Show me the man who creates  a less than 3# pound trigger that works with anything I stuff in the gun ( Wolf ammo, surplus SMG ammo, etc..) and keeps every factory safety 100 operational. Wallet standing by for quite a few years now...

You funny, but pretty right......

4 hours ago, rdinga said:

The open glock 17 in my profile pic has a Vanek trigger that I modified a bit with an original glock (5#?) striker spring thats 100% reliable on a number of primer brands (win. CCI, fiocchi, federal) and have a 2#5oz pull. 

Edited by BoyGlock

My g34 lights any primer that I have tried in the last three years of shooting.  It has a 2.5 lb trigger with a oem connector, 4lb striker spring, a IDP striker, and a oem trigger spring.  All safeties are functional.  It is not a 1911 trigger, but a nice smooth pull.  It can be done.

Fellas,

I posted my experience with Johnny Glocks based on what it was....very positive.  I had no knowledge of past experiences others may have had with him.  After watching his numerous videos on YouTube, I believed, and still do, the guy knows what the hell he's doing and made the decision to give him a try.  I'm happy I did.

Swanny10:  Not trying to be elusive.  I paid $280.  Reason I didn't post that is because I didn't feel like reading the "you're an idiot" comments that we all know would be posted.  So let me save you the trouble.  It ain't your money and I don't give a f*ck if you think I'm an idiot for spending that on a Glock trigger.  When I called him, I didn't get an answer either but did leave a message.  He called me back later that night.  We had a great discussion about what exactly I wanted the trigger to be like and the ball was rolling.  What I got back from him exceeded my expectations.

Sarge:  No, I didn't get a price break but thanks for questioning my integrity without even knowing me.

Bowenbuilt:  I know, you warned me dude, but I don't usually let things go!  Again, I don't know any of the history here.  But Johnny absolutely treated me right.

Not sure this is appropriate to share or not and I hope Johnny doesn't get upset with me for doing so but I know he's been battling a health issue the last six months. He won that battle and is now trying to get back into more work.  Not offering that as an excuse but maybe that would explain some of the issues others had.  Don't know.

Again, based on my experience with him, I recommend him.  In fact, I like the trigger he did on my 34 so much I'm getting ready to send him my 19.

Advice is pretty cheap on here.  You can take it or leave it.  I don't have any bullshit hidden agendas.  All I wanted to do was help my fellow shooters out with some first hand knowledge.

Hitman

After years in glock platform I think the trigger jobs should leave the oem striker spring weight alone. Once its tinkered with and replaced with lighter ones reliability with wider primer options goes out of the window. Yes I can mix n match and see w/c one works. Been there done that. Nowadays I prefer shooting more than searching the holy grail. I prefer not to shoot a gun thats reliable only in one primer brand alone. The more the merrier/better. Im speaking fr a shooter/competitor pov. 

I can understand that sentiment but striker spring is the biggest bang for the buck as far as trigger pull weight reduction goes. I'd go no lower than 4.5 with a stock striker. That sets off any primer.

The trade-off is you need to change them every 3-5k rounds, but springs are dirt cheap.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

It has been my experience that a #4.5 Wolff striker spring will undoubtedly  ignite any primer for approximately 5-6000 rounds. Paired with a 3.5 oemconnector that is a 2.5-3.5# trigger break weight is a no brainier if you know what you're doing. It just becomes mushy due to the 3.5 connector angle and transfer bar radius. That's with no set screws  mind you. Glock.recommends all upper springs striker, firing pin safety, and  extractor plunger be replaced at 15,000 round count. Exception is recoil spring gen1-3 3,000 gen 4 6000. Not all springs are equal. Even if they are advertised at a specific weight tension. Different steel mix, processing, gauge, and coil count all factor in. There are springs companies that are sub par for sure. Now beyond that conceiving, designing, building, and testing a Glock trigger system that functions reliably , consistently, and safety at lighter weights regardless of spring tension  is an entirely different than replacing parts for parts. Of course the connector factors in but does not entirely dictate pull weight either. That is if you know how to with knowledge, wisdom, and experience go beyond the parts as is and manipulate and modify them to behave exactly how your customer or self sees fit. Some of the crispiest, lightest breaks I've ever built were with a 8# (+) connector and all stock parts. Now that's the easier part of the action the tricky part is retaining a short reset. The stock parts will take care of the quick, positive, palpable/tactile part. Remember for every modification there will be a compromise somewhere in the system. It might not show up right away but it will manifest at some point. Hence the latest Glock Gen 4 move to the 3600 bar and phasing out the 2 dot (..) bar and the housing has changed as well. That can be a whole other thread. They are PC called upgrades and not recalls. Why do they need replaced if there was nothing wrong. Because even Glock Perfection has 65%of LEO's giving them feedback hence back to R&D it goes.  That is if it's a big enough issue.

So the holy Grail can exists with a Glock. It might just may need a vacation to the sunshine state in order to find it. I have a few myself. Holy Grails that is.