Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock 2 / Stock 3 : One piece sear installation guide

MemphisMechanic

On 9/9/2017 at 7:40 PM, Avenida said:

wondering if this is still the case? 

I am new to the forum and I have watched your polishing videos at least 40 times in the last week (Memphis) :) 
I am in the process of purchasing a competition pistol to upgrade my current platform and I have decided that I am going to go full on with the stock II.

I am debating whether to go with the extreme or the regular stock 2 (I do not like the looks of cerakote) so I am leaning towards the regular stock 2 and upgrade all the internals with extreme parts, however, wondering if this is worth it after reading the comments, some extreme parts have flaws?

This is going to be quite the project for me, as I am going to purchase the gun and I am going to work on the parts by basically using this forum and youtube videos as guidance. I believe I can do it and the pistol seems very easy in operation, it is just going to be a time consuming event.

Should I purchase the extreme sear or perhaps just keep using the sear and sear cage that comes with the stock 2?

Any benefits to purchasing a extreme sear cage or is that throwing money to the pigs?

I would use the "standard" one piece sear over the xtreme one piece sear. Most people will recommend getting the regular stock 2 and doing the work instead of the xtreme.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have both a S2Xtreme and a regular S2, both set up with all the good stuff.  I ended up removing the Xtreme trigger bar and installing a polished standard trigger bar in the Xtreme gun and it works better, so the "factory" trigger job in the Xtreme was of no value.  Of the two guns, as well as my local Tanfo friend's guns, my Xtreme is the best of the bunch in terms of trigger feel, it's smooth as butter and light.  I don't think the sear has anything to do with that, that gun has the Xtreme sear in it and my other one has a polished standard sear.  I like to look of the Xtreme gun, and it's my match gun now, so the other one is my "beater" practice gun.  I think if you're shooting IPSC then there's an advantage to the Xtreme, and other than that there's no tangible advantage IF you are planning to make the usual modifications to the gun anyway (polishing, springs, BOLO, etc.).  You can buy a standard S2, get it set up, get it cerakoted, and still be under the price of the Xtreme.  If you're NOT planning to make any mods to it (which I doubt applies to anyone who would be reading this), then the Xtreme will perform much better out of the box than an unmodified S2 since it already has some of the good parts.

On 2017-09-21 at 10:58 AM, Tanfastic said:

I have both a S2Xtreme and a regular S2, both set up with all the good stuff.  I ended up removing the Xtreme trigger bar and installing a polished standard trigger bar in the Xtreme gun and it works better, so the "factory" trigger job in the Xtreme was of no value.  Of the two guns, as well as my local Tanfo friend's guns, my Xtreme is the best of the bunch in terms of trigger feel, it's smooth as butter and light.  I don't think the sear has anything to do with that, that gun has the Xtreme sear in it and my other one has a polished standard sear.  I like to look of the Xtreme gun, and it's my match gun now, so the other one is my "beater" practice gun.  I think if you're shooting IPSC then there's an advantage to the Xtreme, and other than that there's no tangible advantage IF you are planning to make the usual modifications to the gun anyway (polishing, springs, BOLO, etc.).  You can buy a standard S2, get it set up, get it cerakoted, and still be under the price of the Xtreme.  If you're NOT planning to make any mods to it (which I doubt applies to anyone who would be reading this), then the Xtreme will perform much better out of the box than an unmodified S2 since it already has some of the good parts.

I checked with the local distributor, all the extreme parts are allowed in a regular stock II for IPSC. 

I am not interested in cerakote as I prefer the looks of the polished stock II, :), so I went with that. 

Pistol is arriving soon along with a bunch of extreme components.

I will report back once everything is done!