Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Buying from TTI or local then buying parts as I go

ShooterSmallz

I am planning to start shooting 3 gun next year, I have been a IDPA shooter for a few years at local matches, which I plan to keep shooting and do 3 gun with my G19. I am planning to buy a shotgun as I only have a pump right now, I know I want to go with a Benelli based on what I have read here and at other forums but am curious as to thoughts on buying a M2 from Taran Tactical with their package installed directly or buying local and then putting parts and pieces on over time since I'm already laying out a good chunk of money just to get started, or sending to Taran after a year or 2. Thanks for the advice, can't wait for winter to be over and get back to shooting!

Buy once cry once. My second shotgun was a TTI M2 directly from them. Or source your own M2 then send immediately to TTI. He usually has deals around Memorial Day and 4th of July on gunsmithing so you can save around 15%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The question you need to ask yourself is how much you are willing to spend to start shooting 3 gun. If you don't care on the price then buy a TTI M2 directly from them. If not then buy a M2 and throw a magazine extension on it to get started. You may want to buy the extended lifter from Taran tactical if you take this route to avoid the lifter biting your finger.

I bought the M2 then installed all the TTI parts you can buy on their website, bought a +9 magazine extension, and bought a new front sight. I don't feel like I am holding myself back using that setup.

22 hours ago, jkrispies said:

Buy directly from TTI, unless you like paying shipping two ways instead of just one way.  

Not only that but if you have the honor of living in the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia you have the privilege of having it sent back to you through an FFL, with a state Dept of Justice background check, $35 fee and 10 day wait. Just in case you became a felon while your gun was being customized, of course......!!

Edited by Paul49
better prose

If you can swing it, buying an M2 straight from TTI is the way to go. I have sent them 2 shotguns over the past few years (an M1 and an M2) and couldn't be happier. Their work is top notch, and the guns just flat out run (and look really bad ass to boot).

As the guy who started all this shotgun work off, all I can say is there are really only 3 places to have them done! In no particular order TTI, Triangle Shooting Sports, Accurate Iron. Any of the above will give you a winning shotgun! Now you just have to do your part!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I went the buy once cry a little, but with quad loading and twins... Hard to do with a stock loading port on a shotgun. The Stoeger is a great option, but it wasn't available when I bought my M2. I think with MOA tuning and a couple TTI parts with a benelli extractor the price point for the stoeger is awesome. I bought my M2 on sale from Euro Optics, then sent it in to TTI when I had the cash for the job. It made the whole thing easier to swallow. But if you're looking to just have a little fun you don't HAVE to get the M2. That being said IMO there is no better shotgun than the M2. That is why a large number of top three gun shooters use the M2. If your on a budget, get a Stoeger M3k, have MOA do the loading port and the lifter. Granted that might change depending on your location, MOA is almost local to me.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/22/2016 at 0:48 AM, kurtm said:

As the guy who started all this shotgun work off, all I can say is there are really only 3 places to have them done! In no particular order TTI, Triangle Shooting Sports, Accurate Iron. Any of the above will give you a winning shotgun! Now you just have to do your part!!!

Completely agree!