Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FN SLP Mk1 for Open Division

lvipscshooter

I am wanting to play around in 3 gun. To not have to go out and buy a new pistol/rig/mags etc and keep the initial costs down (every pistol I have is Open division), I would like to turn my FN SLP MK 1 into a open division shotgun. It has a 22" barrel. What is the largest mag tube I can safely run on it? Any other tips would be appreciated. I do not have the $2k+ to invest in a box fed shotgun at this time, but could see one in my future

Thanks

When I first shot open I converted my FN SLP into a open shotgun, I ended up using a Xrail and Arredondo speedloader and tubes with a delta point rds. but I've ran a single tube that gave me 13 rounds without no issues with the Nordic tube spring

On 11/18/2016 at 0:30 PM, DocMedic said:

When I first shot open I converted my FN SLP into a open shotgun, I ended up using a Xrail and Arredondo speedloader and tubes with a delta point rds. but I've ran a single tube that gave me 13 rounds without no issues with the Nordic tube spring

Which tube did you use Doc?

6 minutes ago, lvipscshooter said:

Ok. Nordic tube + how many rounds? +5?

OH! Sorry that's not going to help you, my FN had to be modded to accept the Xrail which reduced the stock configuration to 5 shots. I use a +8 to achieve 13

• 3 weeks later...

I have ran my SLP for years at 12 + 1 with no problem and my friend has shot his for the same at 14 + 1 all Nordic extensions.  You can get them to run just fine with the right mag spring.  Two downsides are that the 14 + 1 is cumbersome to maneuver and get into dump barrels sometimes.  And the SLP has a shorter loading gate compared to some so the speed loaders are a little finicky.  Other than that they will shoot anything u feed them.