Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
Way

Ice Mag for XDM Comp. Using with stock mags.

Hi all.  Just bought an Ice Mag from DP and not sure if there is any way to get it to work with stock 16 round magazines.  The mags won't seat.  I wanted to try the gun in USPSA Limited this weekend and did not realize you need to order DP base pads to go with it.  To late to get any and this is the last match of the year here in Illinois. at our local clubs.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I'm plan on using it as a backup to my STI and was hoping to see if it makes a significant difference before I invest $125 + to set up the mags.  Thanks in advance for any help.....

Hi all.  Just bought an Ice Mag from DP and not sure if there is any way to get it to work with stock 16 round magazines.  The mags won't seat.  I wanted to try the gun in USPSA Limited this weekend and did not realize you need to order DP base pads to go with it.  To late to get any and this is the last match of the year here in Illinois. at our local clubs.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I'm plan on using it as a backup to my STI and was hoping to see if it makes a significant difference before I invest $125 + to set up the mags.  Thanks in advance for any help.....

I see you posted this in November so hopefully you found a solution but Incase not; I bought my XDm .40 second hand with an ICE magwell installed. The previous owner had modified some of the stock mags by grinding out the edge of the basepads. Worked fine but looked like hell. I ended up getting the Dawson regular basepads (not increase capacity) in the longest size. They were only $16 a piece so a bit easier on the wallet. Work and look great. The only complaint is the black ones show the dings after hitting the gravel. If I were to get them again, I’d get them in silver.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk