Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
Core3gunner

STI 3gun pistol

This gun will be 3gun pistol first and USPSA pistol second. Mainly looking for a 9mm, maybe a .40s&w because of power factor in USPSA.

Thinking about a STI Marauder or Edge. As you know I need something to stand up to a lot of shooting. Just recently started having trouble with my old Kimber. Yeah, I know a 1911 is not the best for 3gun, but it's what I had and really enjoy the 1911 platform.

Looking for something to last and hopefully help my score.

I'd buy a used edge package with mags from someone on here that you know will run and will be ready to go for you.  Then run a safariland universal gls (size: long) locking holster and some pouches and go kick ass. 

Hello: I would look at a STI Edge or Eagle for 3-gun. The Eagle opens up to more different gun games that can be played. Good for 3-gun, USPSA minor Limited and IDPA ESP. Also makes a good carry pistol. You can add a tungsten guide rod to the Eagle and it shoots very close to what an Edge 9mm shoots like. You could also fit a bull barrel to the Eagle as well. I actually prefer the Eagle to a stock Edge because the slide is lighter even in 40 S&W. Thanks, Eric