Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MK Machining

ShooterSmallz

• 1 year later...
On 11/10/2016 at 6:21 PM, Matt in TN said:

I just got an MK lever and it seems to be just fine.  I haven't thrown it in many barrels yet, but for $17 what have you got to lose?

Follow-up on my report:  I've broken two of these so far tossing them in barrels and just having it hit the wrong way.  I sent an email with a pic to the owner and got no response (website says Lifetime Warranty).  

I never followed up any more than that because I only paid seventeen freaking dollars for them and wasn't really that upset about it.

I bought one and never got to use it. When I was tightening it down the end of the lever where the screw, screws into broke off. Of course I might have done something wrong, by over tightening it......but there seems to be a less than forgiving quality about the lever concerning tightening. I might try to get a new one, but you have to take a picture of it and send that in before anything happens one way or the other. The whole thing seems like a hassle, I'll probably just eat the $20.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I both use the MK machining plastic throw levers, and I actually prefer them at this point.  Going into last season, we both had the expensive metal ones, and by mid season both had snapped somehow (presumably from dumping).  Grabbed the MK machining ones and they are still in one piece.  Seems like they flex a bit and go back into place instead of just breaking when they take a hit.  It's important not to over-tighten them when installing (pretty sure the directions state that, but could be wrong).

Anyway, we'll see how they last this coming season.  Initial impressions for me are good though.

Edited by fbzero