Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PLEASE HELP keep the forums alive and ad-free

benos

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Mikeski said:

I wonder if you could make a badge or Sticker for those members who donate? I have donated and will plan on doing it again soon. 

Brought up long ago. Shot down because it may hurt the feelings of those who just want to ride along for free. But then again we have a new President since then so maybe we can get it approved now. :)

I wouldn't stop at just a badge for Donations. I have been on other forums where they have things like 10,000 posts, Founders, ect. We could do things like 1000, 10000 posts, a GM badge, Major winner (Area or Nationals) and so on. We do have the races to Classes and things like that. What ever we can do to keep this add free I am all for.

• 4 weeks later...

I noticed in the Forum Control Panel, a lot of credit card donations were not completed / still in pending status. So if you made a donation please double check your member account section to complete the donation. ;) Thank you!

• 1 month later...
On 12/28/2016 at 8:35 PM, Hi-Power Jack said:

That leaves about 18,000 members who have NOT donated, ANYTHING?

If you have not yet donated, and you feel that this Forum is The Best Thing available

(even better than American Rifleman, Guns & Ammo and Handgunner combined),

PLEASE send Brian $10 - less than the cost of a subscription to a wimpy gun

magazine.    It's worth it ....     :bow: 

Jack, thank you for putting this note in your avatar section, I wasn't aware of the issue until noticing that. I'll add a donation to the check writing today.

Another forum I'm on has free membership and also sells annual memberships that allow minor boosts like more PMs, etc. 

I am a bit surprised at $330/month for hosting. Unless the bandwidth or disk usage is outrageous, well, that seems outrageous. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only computer geek on here.

4 hours ago, leam said:

I am surprised at $330/month for hosting. Unless the bandwidth or disk usage is outrageous, that seems outrageous.

Instead of writing Brian a check for $10, it would be much more valuable to all

of us if you gave Brian some ideas where to find "hosting" for Much Less than he's paying ....    :bow:

4 hours ago, leam said:

Jack, thank you for putting this note in your avatar section, I wasn't aware of the issue until noticing that. I'll add a donation to the check writing today.

Another forum I'm on has free membership and also sells annual memberships that allow minor boosts like more PMs, etc. 

I am a bit surprised at $330/month for hosting. Unless the bandwidth or disk usage is outrageous, well, that seems outrageous. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only computer geek on here.

I agree. $330 is a wee bit insane for a forum. I know this forum is a lot more intensive than other forums, but $330 is really pushing it.

On 4/9/2017 at 11:44 AM, Hi-Power Jack said:

Can you get together with leam and show Brian how to save some $$$$ ?

I've commented on this topic before... I am not interested in a hosting provider other than IP for one reason - the support that comes with them / that package is phenomenal. They take care of literally anything that could go wrong. I'd loose all that with any other "way" of hosting the forums. And then I'd mentally go insane. :)

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Snipergirl said:

What type holster recommend to shoot IPSC / USPSA

Welcome aboard, Snipergirl   :)

You should make a separate posting for your topic, with that title (holster for IPSC).

And phrase your question in that topic.

But, also add the type of gun you're shooting ...

Do you have a gun and holster now?