Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mike Dillon

jhgtyre

I clearly remember the first time I met Mike Dillon. In 1981, I won a Ruger Redhawk at a match. Not a fan of that revolver, my plan was to sell it to raise cash to buy more bullets. I mentioned that to Robbie Leatham’s dad, Nyle. He said he knew a guy that would trade it for a progressive reloading press. I liked the sound of that, so we were off to meet Mike Dillon.

We met at Mike’s small workshop. He pointed to a lineup of every model of reloading press, and said, “All these manufacturers have been selling the same presses for fifty years – I’m going to blow this market away.” As you know he went on to do just that.

As he rolled the Redhawk around in his hands, It was obvious by the expression on his face he was thinking, “What in the hell am I going to do with this thing.” Still he offered to trade me an RL 300 press for it. Looking back, I knew Mike's friendship with Nyle was the only reason he agreed to such a ridiculous deal.

Soon after that Mike offered to sponsor both me and Robbie with a thousand bullets a month. That quickly changed to all the bullets we could shoot. Which was a lot. 

Since Mike Dillon became involved with the competitive shooting community, it is impossible to estimate the impact of his incredible ingenuity and limitless generosity. He truly revolutionized the reloading industry.

Yesterday I watched videos featuring Mike in Dillon Precision's site. They made me soooo emotional. What a great man - larger than life.

• 1 month later...