Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Unis Ginex primers

5pins

Anyone try them? Google search shows very little other then they may be the same that xtreme is selling under their brand name. I just got some SPM from Graf’s so hopefully they work well.  

http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/product/productId/73838

I've used them in 223, 9mm and 45acp. Pistol primers worked just fine but the small rifle primers are a big pain in the ass to seat. They all fired just fine tho but I wouldn't pay 30 a brick for them, I was getting them for 20. For 30 you can get s&b, cci, or winchesters

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I loaded up 100 9mm loads using the primers and had 5 light primer strikes out of the first mag in my Glock 19. I’m going to try them in a hammer fired gun when I get a chance. I’m also going to see if I can seat them a little deeper and see if that helps.   

I loaded up 100 9mm loads using the primers and had 5 light primer strikes out of the first mag in my Glock 19. I’m going to try them in a hammer fired gun when I get a chance. I’m also going to see if I can seat them a little deeper and see if that helps.   

Interesting, maybe got a few bad ones? Ive only used them in striker fired 9mm and no issues. Must've gotten lucky

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, wtturn said:

If they're firing on a second or third strike, you are not seating them deeply enough.

That's not the fault of the primer.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Maybe, but I haven’t had any problems with any other primer loaded on my Hornady AP.

I’m going to load another batch making sure I’m seating them properly and see what happens. Maybe I will try priming some separately with my Lee hand primer.   I hope it’s a simple issue like that.   

I got out my old Lee ram prime and primed 100 cases and then loaded them on the Hornady AP. I checked each one after priming to make sure they all were seated correctly.  Hopefully they will fire and then I will need find some way to make sure they seat properly on the Hornady.

I shot the loads off this morning and had 4 misfires and only two of then fired on the second strike. At this point I think its safe to say that its not the seating depth that’s the problem. Looks like I get some Eastern European hard primers. I don’t know what I’m going to do with them. Maybe use them I a rifle load? Even then I don’t load that much for my rifles and it would take me a long time to use them up.   

Today I used my Glock 19 with 100% stock factory stock parts. I can’t really blame anything but the primers at this point. The 19 and P226 have been 100% reliably with any other primer I have used.   

7 hours ago, tcoz said:

Based on the number of people suffering misfires/light primer strikes, it appears that they may be slightly oversized and therefore difficult to get properly seated.

You know of other people having problems with them?

I had never heard of them until reading about some people on another forum complaining of light primer strikes using them.  I can't remember which forum as it was a month or so ago.  Nothing major, just a few of them but it was always the same complaint of light strikes then they would fire on the second or third attempt indicating they may not have been fully seated.

Ginex are my favorite small pistol primers. They are consistent and I have never had one fail to ignite when it was seated to proper depth. I have shot at least 10,000 of them to date.  They have run in an SP-01 Shadow, VP9, CK Arms open gun, STI Hex Tac, Grand Power X-Cal, K100, and my PCC all without issue. 

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Just came across this - I've been using Ginex primers for a year - have loaded/fired over 3,000 of them and haven't noticed any problems.  On rare occasion I'll have a light strike, but the frequency isn't any greater than when I load CCI or Federal.  Can't beat the price.  Graf & Sons has them on sale now (small pistol) for $109.99 .  That's $22/1000.  

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up getting an RCBS automatic bench priming tool hoping it would fix the problem. I loaded up about 150 in once fired CCI nickel plated brass assuring all primers were seated properly. Yeah, it didn't work. Still getting about a 5% failure rate. So far I have tried four different priming methods and none of them have worked. I'm done wasting my time with them.       

• 1 year later...