Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Process of caliber change

Acsr

"In Firearms Chambered For Do Not Use These Cartridges 45 Glock Automatic Pistol 45 Automatic 45 Winchester Magnum"

Apparently - according to SAAMI, you can't shoot 45 Automatics in a Glock 45 Automatic pistol.  Guess they'll be an odd shaped paperweight ! :huh:

25 minutes ago, Steve RA said:

"In Firearms Chambered For Do Not Use These Cartridges 45 Glock Automatic Pistol 45 Automatic 45 Winchester Magnum"

Apparently - according to SAAMI, you can't shoot 45 Automatics in a Glock 45 Automatic pistol.  Guess they'll be an odd shaped paperweight ! :huh:

They are talking about 45 GAP. Which is a completely different cartridge than .45 ACP

Edited by js1130146

They may mean the .45 GAP, but, that isn't what it says !!

7 minutes ago, Steve RA said:

They may mean the .45 GAP, but, that isn't what it says !!

That is what it says. 45 GAP stands for 45 Glock Automatic Pistol...

Ok, would have been more clear if they had just said 45 GAP.

1 hour ago, RJH said:

I would love to a straight walled case that ruptured because of headspace issues  in the guns that we are talking about , it might change my mind.  And as far as the SAAMI sheet, is any 9 major ammo loaded to anywhere near SAAMI specs?  Also way back in some post I mentioned the 45acp/460 Rowland, the guys who invented the Rowland said it was fine to shoot the acp in the Rowland chamber, which is a lot like shooting a 9mm in a super chamber (the extractor holds the case).  And my ego was not hurt, but I was sharing info that I have personally done, with no bodily injury and no gun issues, not what I read about.  

GOOD FOR YOU RJH!!!!

You're right...I'm only an internet cowboy.  Save the dick measuring for the match.