Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brags

I wanted to have a place for people to brag about what they have accomplished using their Brazos Custom gun. We had quite a few people at last years Nationals and I have been hearing from others about their move up through the classification system. I will start it off with the results from last year's Nationals:

Total number of guns: 24 this was second place to one other gunsmith (we will have to try harder next year) but more than double the next gunsmith (11).

The most impressive thing was that 8 out of that 24 finished in the top twenty in the Limited or Open match. The next gunsmith had 3. I know for 4 of those guys it was their first time shooting a Brazos in Nationals and their first time in the top 20. Kay also won the ladies match in Open shooting a Pro Sx.

Just shows what happens when you combine the best equipment with great shooters and things are looking even better this year.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob, with what I've seen over this past year, this thread will be getting pretty long.

I got my Brazos Pro Sx on August 10th of last year, the Tuesday before I shot Area 3 on Saturday. After shooting 181 rounds through the gun, and having it for 4 days, one of which was spent traveling I won A class at the match that weekend. Since that match, I have shot 8 other matches and only finished outside of the top 10 once, and that was Nationals where I finished 12th overall in Open at my first Nationals shooting Open. I know there are others out there with similar stories to share.

Thanks Bob and Ingi, not only for an awesome product, but for your customer service and support of the sport.

For those of you that already own a Brazos, or have ordered one. Congratulations on the purchase of the finest 1911 money can buy. For those who are considering buying one, go ahead, you won't regret it.

Can you believe that this is only Megans 2nd season! She's already knocking on "A" class and may very well receive that next month...all with her Brazos Pro Sx! At the start of her training, she honestly just wanted to shoot the ProSx because of it's cool and sexy look. Well, a year and 35,000 rds later she refuses to shoot anything else. :wub: Two weeks ago she recieved a new top end from Bob. Of course it's as reliable and cool looking as ever but now it's much flatter and softer shooting. This will help as she continues her diet of shooting 1000rds a week. :D

Along with her coaching from Team Shooters Paradise and the generous help of her pistolsmith (Bob), look for Megan to be a force on the womens open circuit in the very near future!

Brazos Rule!!!

Now for the "other end of the scale"! No National level shooter, just a beginner. I just got into USPSA a year ago at this time. Being 55 I realized that I could not compete in basketball/softball etc with younger guys and needed a competitive outlet in my graying years.

I shot a Glock 34 in Production last Summer and got up to C, almost B, through September. I decided to try Open and bought a used STI. It was tough getting used to the different level in Open shooting and I was a D when I went to the Florida Open, where I was lucky enough to win my class.

Between stages I met Bob Londrigan and looked over his pistols. They were so impressive looking that I had to have one! I ordered his Brazos Custom Pro SC Open 5" and received it the second week in April. I have shot 2 classifier matches since I got the gun and, come the June update, I have jumped from D to B in these 2 matches (I even shot 1 "A" classifier the last match).

I am so happy with Bob's gun. I now don't have to watch out for/be afraid of mechanical issues when shooting stages. I can concentrate on my shooting and not worry about possibly losing time with FTF/FTE's or whatever. Although, now I don't have any excuses I can fall back upon either!

His gun is fantastic, I am now a loyal customer. He will do ALL my gun work from now on.

Here are my greatest accomplishments so far...all done last year with my Brazos Pro Sx.

1. First major match win (AWARE) :D

2. Top sixteen at the Open Nationals (16th) :P:P

3. and eliminating Grauffel in the shoot-offs at the Nationals. :o:o:o

All I can say is: My Pro Sx did and does have a definite say in my success!!!!

Thanks again Bob for your continued help and advice!

BRAZOS RULE!

RonF

I've been shooting a Brazos gun for quite a while now, and have nothing but good things to say about them.

My most notable accomplishments with a Brazos gun are 7 straight Top 16 finishes in 3 different divisions, and 9 top 3 finishes at Area Championships!

I have been shooting with Bob for years a great friend and a ok shooter!!! (just joking Bob) When i switched to his pistols i found one thing that stood above the rest RELIALIABILITY!!! and besides they look awesome.You did not have to worry about when your gun was going to jam and you could focus on the task at hand SHOOTING!!. I would recommend any of his pistols or products to someone that is lookin for the finest ones out there.

2004 accomplishments:

1st gm open area 4

hi overall open gm mississippi state match

18th overall open us hangun nationals

I know i have a Louisiana limited hi overall state match win also i just cant remember the year.

BOB

THANKS FOR A GREAT PRODUCT AND GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE !!!!!

I began shooting in Oct. 2003 and have been shooting a Brazos Pro Sx almost from the beginning. This will be my second full season with my Brazos and I wouldn't trade it for anything!

My accomplishments are:

High Lady Open South Carolina Sectional

2nd B Open South Carolina Sectional

3rd B Open Area 6

1st C Open South Carolina Sectional

High Lady Open PSA Steel Shootout

1st C Open Buckeye Blast

High Lady Open Buckeye Blast

High Lady Open Mid Atlantic Sectional

1st B Aware Invitational

High Lady Open Aware Invitational

9th Place Lady Open US Handgun Nationals

Thanks Bob for all of your support! You and Ingi are the best!!! :)

Megan

Won A class Limited Division at the Wyoming State USPSA Championship! ;)

I saw several other guns puke at the match, but the Brazos ran great. Now I need to start practicing, and really see what the gun can do.

It seems that Bob's pistols are so popular that one could simply brag about having made it through the wait list to get the thing in the first place, regardless of how well you shoot it!!! :)

• 3 weeks later...

well, I don't compete (not yet anyway) but, I wanted to own and shoot a piece of equipment that is at the APEX of achievement in handgun performance. Fortunately for me I got in touch with Bob. Since this is a bragging thread, and not the place to ramble endless praises of Bob's work (skill and quality), what can I brag about? I can post a simple, novice question and because I chose to own one of Bob's Open guns (actually have another on the way); I get assistance from and my questions answered by a premier custom gunsmith of elite, world class, high performance pistols! How cool is that!? Seriously, for a guy like me, Bob's timeless, after the sale commitment to his client is truly something I can brag about... and I probably know THAT better than anyone :D

I've been saying this a lot lately but I'll say it again THANKS Bob and Ingi!!

I have to agree, Bob and Ingi are AWESOME! This is the second year of shooting for me, I own the Custom ProSx and Custom Limited and love them both. I also owned a SC Limted but sold to a good friend once the custom guns arrived. My friend called to order some Super-tuned magazines and other items and was so pleased with the service he got. After playing around in Limited-10 I ordered the SC Limited and classified 51.221% in an all classifier match, not too bad considering I picked up and fired a gun for the first time 10 months earlier. The SC Limited performed flawlessly and was a blast to shoot. :D

I am now learning to shoot through a c-more, not an easy task for this guy but have managed to classify a "C" using the ProSx. I am getting better and better every time I shoot in a match. Thank you Bob (and Ingi)for all your time in answering the stupidest questions :blink: I came up with. You two are an asset to this sport!! :D

Dave

• 1 month later...

I would like to brag about Bob if that's OK. :D

I ran into big problems at the Indiana State match when my gun stopped ejecting brass and decided to stove pipe instead. This happened many times in many stages :( I had two friends take a look at the gun in the safety area and could find nothing wrong with it. They concluded that I was possibly thumbing the slide. I went home and the next day (Sunday) went to the range to test fire the ProSx and found the exact same thing happening but yet my thumbs were not even close to the slide. I did notice that the brass (when it decided to eject) fell straight to the floor right next to me instead of flying back out to the left like it had always done.

I got home from the range and called Bob (remember, a Sunday) and left him a message on his answering machine expecting to hopefully hear back from him on Monday or Tuesday before he left for Nationals. An hour or two later the phone rang and to my surprise it was Bob. I explained everything that was happening and he said he wanted to try a couple of things over the phone and he also said if we couldn't get it fixed in time for Nationals he would loan me his backup gun so I wouldn't miss it. After trying several things Bob asked if I had cleaned the extractor, I said "Cleaned?". I knew how to clean everything in the upper except the extractor, I never inquired on how to do that. :blink: Bob walked me through taking the extractor apart, cleaning, inserting new springs and putting it back together.

I went back to the range to test fire and the brass was flying again. Thank you Bob for your help and your patience. They don't call me "Newbie" for nothing. ;)

Dave

P.S. and a thanks to Jake and Cameron for taking the time out of a State match to help a fellow shooter.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, the season is almost over, with only a few big matches left. My Brazos Custom Pro Sx hasn't failed me yet, and I'm pleased to say that again, the only match I have not finished in the top 10 is Nationals, where I finished 11th by only 4 match points. Looking forward to the IPSC World Shoot and the Steel Challenge, as I need not worry about gun problems.

Congrats to Megan "Magic" Madigan for an incredible performance at the Nationals!

All of course with her beloved Brazos Pro Sx.

She had zero misses and no-shoot penalties thru-out the whole match. That's impressive considering the long duration and extreme heat.

Her only mistake was not programing a popper a behind a wall on stage 17. :o She never knew it existed. Tough lesson learned. <_<

Anyways...Meg took home:

5 stages and 5th overall in the Ladies division!

and 2nd "B" class Overall!

Great job Meg! :D

Broke out the Brazo's limited gun again this weekend, and of course it ran

flawlessly at the Big Dawg Steel Match and led me to a Limited class win!!

shot the limited gun in open as well and managed 2nd Overall, guess I should

have put a dot on it!!

• 3 weeks later...

4th place at the Michigan State Championship in Open "C", 24 of 42 in Open division and 34 of 142 overall. This being my second year of shooting and 1st year of major matches. I continue to improve and hope to do even better next year. Thanks Bob for building a GREAT gun! :D

Dave