Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Weapon mounted light

johes

Need suggestions for a weapon mounted light for a night match in December. It will probably be mounted on a H&K VP9. Never shot with one but sort of leaning toward a Streamlight TLR-1 HL . Comments, suggestions? Thanks

This is crazy, I assumed the majority would recommend Surefire. Hare's another vote for the Streamlight TLR-1 HL. I've been using them for years, and they have held up well. The only issue is mounting them on your pistol. Make sure to get it on there correctly and cinch it down. I've seen a couple TLR-1's come off during training, but it always turned out to be operator error. Great lights.

IMO I think people are going streamlight nowadays because their quality and brightness has gone up tremendously over the past few years and the price has stayed relatively the same. Personally the only Surefire that I really like is XC-1 and that's mainly because of the size and how perfectly it fits and looks under a G19.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm...I've got thousands of rounds on Surefire X300Us and have never had a problem with them. The one on my duty gun is worn down to aluminum in a bunch of places and has been through tons of abuse. My bedside & training guns are VP9s and both have U-Boats on them, solid lockup. I've also had nothing but good interactions with Surefires CS, they've even replaced gear that I broke with no hassle. 

a stream light is o.k. got games.

a surefire is the real world (no offense - it just is)

u can not activate by touching the rear of the s/l switch. its a s/f exclusive.  I have small hands. its a necessaty.  sent me the s/l extended  switch took 3 of them to get 1 working on a sample of the set they sent me to try. 3yrs ago they had the strongest beam in the industry. I used 1 on a house gun. would not carry 1 on a work gun.  s/f now has same lumens so the old 1 sits in a box of parts. nice people just don't trust it. very fast service. just threw the old 1 away. 3 days later a nib showed up.  they didn't want to hear what was breaking. gave up trying.

sin loi """""

jjw