Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best comp for Glock 19

Travis112

I would think it would be hard to make major out of a G19.  I shoot Open major out of a G23, but that's another story.

I use a Carver 4 port.  If you shoot minor PF, I'd think a Carver 3 port would be good for you.  Carver does have a magwell that will fit your compact G19 if you choose to go that route.

I had an open Glock based on a G17. I used a Carver 4-port comp. It worked well for major loads. I would think a G19 shooting major PF would be very harsh/snappy? Maybe not. It would look bad ass. I still have that 4 port comp threaded for a KKM barrel if you need one. PM me for details.

I used to run an open G19 with just a Lone Wolf 2 port barrel.  The shorter barrel vents gas sooner (read: higher pressures), so using porting instead of a comp was actually pretty efficient.  I tuned my load to it and the dot was really easy to track.  Don't get me wrong - a good comp may be as good if not better, but thought I would share my 2 cents.  

That said, you should probably NOT try for major with a 19.  It wasn't built for it and the shorter barrel will make it that much harder.  With a good minor load (factory 9mm-ish) it is a lot of fun to shoot though, and the 19 fits my hands better than the 17.