Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

100 Round Stage For Be Forum Match

ErikW

I like the idea of non-USPSA/IPSC courses of fire in the BE forum match. So let's take it to extremes: a 100-round freestyle field course that may or may not exactly be 8 round friendly. Plenty of harder and farther targets mixed in with the in-your-face hosers. Plenty of places to pre-place magazines or--gulp--moon clips.

And yeah, I'm thinking of how to balance stage points. :huh:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Certainly we could share magazines. Just don't show up with a HK P7M8 or something rare. A buddy reloading dropped mags isn't out of the question either.

There's some match (around here?) that does just one of these stages, and that's the match.

Make it a side match? Maybe it can be shot open squadding? A separate prize for the stage winner? .. just some thoughts in case it becomes to difficult to work it into the match. I voted "YES!"

Does anyone want to work the odds out on which round Erik's front sight will pop off? Maybe the keg should be put at the end of this stage and watch out for the hot barrels after.

I would not want to put a "just fired a 100 round plus gun" into any holster other than a race rig at the ULSC, might get DQed as th gun melts though the kydex and plops on the ground, at best you will have a "drop/offset" when finshed with that one.

The one high round count match I know about is the Crazy Croc in Dundee OR. Something like 8 stages, 400+ rounds. I'm not sure if they do that in 1 or 2 days. I would think 2 days, 5 on Sat, 3 on Sun, then results and prizes.

Definitely not a lot of revolver shooters there.

As for the one stage 100 round match, I have no idea.. might be fun to do sometime though :D:blink:B)

Vince

Speaking as an L-10 shooter, I'll have an awful hard time carrying that much ammo, even if I can borrow enough mags that work in my gun. Sheesh :) Stage reset time would also be a b***h.

However..... I'm sure it'd be fun :) Another thought - what about doing it as part of a 3-gun side match stage???

a few years ago at NCPS, we had a 124 round stage...in july. musta been 110 degrees! mags could be placed all over the stage, on drums, tables, etc. couple observations. to hear the stage shot was interesting...started with blistering splits, but by around round 50, the splits were double or more what they were at the start. i remember unloading to show clear and watching the first layer of my fingers attach to the front of my slide. we even had a gutsy revo shooter, and he actually shot the entire stage!

anyway, not as fun as it sounds, trust me.

Damn!.... 100rnds worth of 45 moonclips on my belt, my pants would be on the ground by time I left the first shooting box

:D

Not that that would bother me much, I might get an plaque or an award of somekind for being the first to run a stage butt ass naked.....LMAO!

There was a stage at the IronMan 3 Gun a couple years back that featured a metric shjtload of hard to neutralize steel targets (triple droppers IIRC) and if you shot them clean, it would take 70-80 pistol to get through the stage. If you didn't, it could take upwards of 150 to make it through.

IIRC, Mark Anglin got the award for using over 200 pistol rounds to get through that danged stage. I went to the line with 108 pistol rounds on me. I ejected round #108 on unload and show clear, whew!!

They did authorize ammo bearers to collect and re-load mags for you if you needed it.

Oh, BTW, it was a multi-gun stage and you didn't even start the pistol madness until you had shot almost a hundred rounds of rifle and shotgun. Yeowwza!!!

--

Regards,

Erik,

You and I seem to be on a similar wave length.

I have a number of ideas on how to make something like this work. Maybe we ought to do a BE shoot twice a year...one is the West and one in the East?

A BE match has be brewing in my head for quite a while. I likely would have looked to do it this year, but something came up that would make it less than likely.

Let me know if you want beat some ideas around.

East and West, that's cool! Everybody's happy. (Except the midwesterners.)

I've been bouncing ideas off ong45. He poo-pooed Outer Limits as too hard. I'd love to hear your ideas. I'm trying to flesh things out real well before I make a proposal to the club board and to the forum members.

Back to the subject at hand: one way of balancing this monster stage is scoring it IMGA style (neutralized or not) and telling EZWinScore it's a 50 round stage, either an A or a Miss on each target. This also gives you the option of shooting as few as half the 100 rounds. Oh yeah, no power factor, to help prevent red hot guns. Shoot your steel loads.

Can you imagine the bottle neck a stage like this would cause?  1.5 hours per 10 person squad maybe.

Fun to shoot, but a nightmare to RO and tape.

Id' go for a 50 or 60 round stage w/ at least 20 of it being steel. I'd hate to be the RO and get to the last target and realize you missed scoring a target or two.

Can you imagine the bottle neck a stage like this would cause?

Buncha East Coasters! :P Ain't you guys ever heard of Norco? West Coast Championship? Best of the Best? 50 round stages for the whole match. On a stage like this, the ARO starts scoring targets right away, with tapers following. You trust your fellow forum members, right? :)

Just a thought: a 100 round stage would surely preclude one flying with enough ammo for the match.

Another thought: a 100 round stage would likely discourage benos from shooting the match, and I think we're gonna have a hard enough time twisting his arm to shoot.

Erik,

a 100 round stage would surely be funny as a side-event for the match, where whoever wishes to engage with it can do so, but it would be a real nightmare inside the match, and I'm thinking specifically to revo shooters... :huh:

Besides that, each competitor will need a roll of toilet paper as a scoring sheet... :P

Well, if it is a non-USPSA/IPSC stage your're wanting, why not have one worthy of our host?

8 Strings

48 Rounds

Virginia Count (essentially)

The Falling Plate Event from Bianchi