Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

We hi capa 5.1

Dirtchevy841

Bought this last week. Can only get 10-15 rds out if mag. How long do you fill mags up with green gas and on first shot should a big puff of gas cone out of slide on blow back. Got this for training. Not really know to much about these. Am I doing something wrong. Guy said it was new less than 100 bb in it with one mag 100 rds and one mag new. I don't know if I am filling mags up enough or is all the gas being wasted when I see it coming out on each shot. Everything looks new but I have no clue as to why it's stops shooting at 15 bb. Can't get through one complete mag. My filling is 10 seconds on first hit and then 5-10 sec each hit after that and I did it around 7-10 fills per mag. ? What's wrong. Did I get ripped off. 

With the factory WE Hi-capa magazines, I can usually get around 45 shots per 10 second fill of propane.  On hot days a few more and cool days, a few less.

When filling the magazine can you hear gas leaking out the top of the magazine?  (Leaking flow valve.)

Or after filling, can you hear the gas leaking from the bottom of the mag?  (Leaking fill valve.)

If you have a valve leaking, unscrew the valve and soak the o-rings with silicon oil.  If that does not help, you could replace the o-rings or the complete valve.

It's possible the previous  owner  used propane  instead of green gas and did not squirt in a little silicon oil to keep things nicely lubed.  Green gas already has oil in the can.

Once you get the mags to hold gas, don't store them empty.  Give them a one or two second burst of gas before you put them away.

I have a non-WE magazine that would occasionally "puff" gas out of the slide.  I always blamed it to a bad flow valve. Pull it, clean it, and oil it.  See if that helps.

To pull the flow valve, I took a flat blade screwdriver bit and cut a notch in the center of it to clear the moving part of the valve.  A lot cheaper than buying a special $10 tool.

Since you are filling the mag from a pressurized  can, gas will only flow until the pressure equalizes so I don't think it's possible to overfill.

Also as the propane tank depletes, you may need more than 10 seconds to fill a mag.  In that case, I will keep filling the magazine as long as I hear gas flowing  and then hold it for several seconds more.

Edited by Flatland Shooter

Ok tried some things. One mag hissing at bottom fill valve. One mag good. Both mags work. Tried 10 sec fill. Works good. 5 sec fill on both mags worked great. I think I learned that they are getting really cold when shooting fast after 10 rds and it slows down and almost stops at 15 or so like I said. Did 10 shot test then switched mags and 10. Went back to first mag after it heated up a little and ran last 10 and both mags locked slide back. After that loaded 8 rd each 2 times and worked great both mags. Loaded 5 more and on last rd out of gas. So 5 sec of fill time with consistent shooting got over 35 rds in each mag. So maybe I hit on something. Any ideas. 

Shooting lots of rounds fast and refilling an empty magazine, it will cool it off.

Though you don't  want to get the magazines too warm, when shooting a lot of rounds and I don't  want to wait for a magazine to heat up, I fill them and slip them under a heating pad.

Originally did this in cool weather but found it can help even in warm westher.

Ordered propane adapter just now to try propane also. Does propane have any advantages or disadvantages to green gas. Do mags stay warmer with the propane. I guess I just have to find middle ground. I think propane will be cheaper. Cost me 12 bucks for a can of green gas. 

That can of green gas was probably 8 ounces  of gas for $12.

A 16 ounce canister of Coleman propane at Wally world is just over $3.  Big savings and easier to find in stores.

Some say the propane odor bothers them but I barely notice it.

I believe  that green gas is just propane with a little silicon oil and some  deodorizer  added.

I usually shoot outdoors but if the weather is not agreeable, I shoot indoors without problems.

Got everything figured out. Only thing is how often to u put silicon in nozzle when using propane. I have the sapien arms green nozzle with the reservoir in the top. It says put 2 drops in it but doesn't say how often to do it. Any ideas.