Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S2X first thoughts

tedahlenius85

So I just got my new Stock2 xtreme SF. Took it to the range today for the first time. Here's my thoughts;

First, coming from a Shadow, Shadow Orange actually, it felt heavier but very well balanced. Drawing the gun is about the same since the grip is not that much different to begin with. Recoil felt slightly better with the s2x. I dont think it shoots much flatter, but the front sight seems to return to the right position better and more consistent. Dont know if this is due to me gripping the gun different or if it just the gun, probably the gun cause of what I wrote about the grip beeing quite similiar to the CZ. The trigger is worse, but I guess its not a fair comparison since the Shadow Orange had about 50k rounds through it and some dryfiring. This s2x is brand new, so there is probably lots of improvement to be expected after breaking the gun in.

The negatives;

Grip screws! Really, what were they thinking? a shallow slotted screw that loosened up after 50 rounds. And when I tried to tight it down I almost rounded the hole thing. Really weak screws. Ordered torx grip screws, cause these got to go.

Trigger, yeah as I said, here is room for improvement. In DA for sure. SA is not a big deal. Not a triggersnob in SA, but I want a clean DA.

Hard time setting those Fiocchi primers off. This seems like a federal only gun, atleast if 100% reliable. Sure, it will probably be better after breaking the parts in. But I had to go xtreme medium on hammer spring, and xtreme light fp spring to set these primers off. Tried the xtreme light spring and had less than 50% going boom. I will try the titan hammer along with light spring, but not convinced that is enough.

Mags getting stuck. Yeah, slamming the mag in made it stuck. Bigtime too. Had a hard time pulling them out. The xtreme basepads took some beating against the magwell so I guess thats were the problem lies. But I am up for suggestions. Going to slidelock and them slamming a mag in trying to get the slide to chamber a round was a no go. Didnt close the slide, only managed to ge at mag stuck. Waiting for some Henning basepads, maybe that will solve the problem?!

Overall I am happy with the gun and looking forward to be shooting it. Since I am a IPSC competitor I'm not allowed to polish stuff up looking like a mirror. But as long as I get my reloads to run 100% and not getting mags stuck in gun, then I'm not worried that this Unicorn and I will do just fine.

14716150_914152982052621_200955837899549

Edited by tedahlenius85

The bummer about IPSC and Tanfos. Is I feel a mirror polish is completely necessary to run any hammer spring lighter than stock.

I don't even know if it's possible to light off everything without a mirror polish. I think you might have to settle on popping the lightest primers only if you want a good trigger.

If you are shooting reloaded ammo , the first thing you need to do for every tanfoglio is to seat the primer well  . I Have the stock 2 and a friend of mine has the Extreme version ,and limited cusomt xtreme , he had the same issue with primers not igniting but after seating the primer well they all went off with 13lb spring both guns.

If you are shooting reloaded ammo , the first thing you need to do for every tanfoglio is to seat the primer well  . I Have the stock 2 and a friend of mine has the Extreme version ,and limited cusomt xtreme , he had the same issue with primers not igniting but after seating the primer well they all went off with 13lb spring both guns.

Shooting reloads but cant adjust seating depth on my 650. So that sucks.

Shooting reloads but cant adjust seating depth on my 650. So that sucks.

Isn't there a screw assembly underneath the shell plate area? A rev B seater assembly? Looks like a bolt with a spring to cushion it during the downstroke.

Mine actually comes loose and I have to adjust it by hand every so often, if not the primers don't get pressed in far enough (the screw backs out and the primers end up sticking out past flush from the case) and sometimes don't get set off by my 12lb hammer spring...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't there a screw assembly underneath the shell plate area? A rev B seater assembly? Looks like a bolt with a spring to cushion it during the downstroke.

Mine actually comes loose and I have to adjust it by hand every so often, if not the primers don't get pressed in far enough (the screw backs out and the primers end up sticking out past flush from the case) and sometimes don't get set off by my 12lb hammer spring...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will check next time I load, but as far as I know there is no adjustment to be made by seating them deaper. If so, Im glad.

Your ignition could be related to loading too long.

Have you "plunk tested" your rounds?  medium/light combination should set off everything, because your having trouble, something's not right.

Your ignition could be related to loading too long.

Have you "plunk tested" your rounds?  medium/light combination should set off everything, because your having trouble, something's not right.

Yep, spin just fine when plunk tested. Medium hammer/light fp spring ingnited primers reliably. But light/light did not.

The Light/light might pop primers after the rest of the gun gets worn in a bit.  too bad you can't polish!  but without a bit of smoothing.... you may have to keep the M/L combination.

Have you tried Wolf, Tula or Winchester? Not sure what else you can get. fiocchi is pretty hard.

8 hours ago, ryridesmotox said:

I had nothing but problems popping Fiocchi... Never again.

I'll stick with Winchester primers... Have 10k inbound

I'd heard they are a step harder to pop than SB... I need to run factory hammer spring to pop SB 100%.

11 hours ago, johnbu said:

I'd heard they are a step harder to pop than SB... I need to run factory hammer spring to pop SB 100%.

Could be exactly that. It might have also been my chamber at the time. That match was a tough one lol... I went to a clipped FP spring, 14lbs hammer spring, and finally dropped in the stock FP and about halfway through was able to clear stages with only 1 or 2 malfunctions. Second match, polished up everything again, FP and everything, mirror like, feed ramp, even got some in the chamber to kind of help. Nothing in the chamber seats properly... Still with the CCI primers cases it seemed to work, until I hit the God dang classifier lol. Every time... I swear if you have me a bone stock glock17 It would not run for me on a classifier.

Edited by ryridesmotox

Change firing pin out for an extended,Henning has them, fairly reasonable

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, rancher5 said:

Change firing pin out for an extended,Henning has them, fairly reasonable

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The lighter Henning pin has been conclusively proven here on BE to have a harder time setting off primers than the heavier stock / EGD Xtreme pins - which are identical aside from a chromed coating and the rear of the pin where the hammer strikes.