Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What is more expensive slide or frame?

fastlane604

If one was to divide a CZ 75 into the slide and the frame and sell them separately,  how would the prices compare? 50% slide 50% frame? 60/40 with slide at 60? Frame at 60? 55/45 what do you think?

5 frame

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 4:14 AM, PRanta said:

CZ don't sell spare frames, so it should be more expensive.

9 hours ago, Leadpilot said:

A lot of guys here in Cali swap out their blocked slides for shadow slides and usually sell them for $250/$350. The few frames I've seen have been in the neighborhood of $500.

Thank you for the input.

A frame is serialized and needs to ship to/from an FFL. A frame is government controlled. A slide can be shipped through any carrier. For those reasons I would expect a slide to cost less than the frame. Just going by what I've seen slides sell for compared to the cost of a new gun, It's maybe 40 slide /60% frame. (or 35% slide/ 50% frame/ 15% barrel.) That would be on something that runs between $500-$1,000.

I've sold the complete lower from a factory CZ75B in like new condition for $350, I've also bought/sold SP01 top ends for ~$350 in factory condition, here's one in the classifieds right now: 

Obviously adding things like magwells to bottom ends, or competition sights/comps/optics to top ends change things, but for factory CZs, they run about half the cost of the gun.  You can trust me on this one, I bought or sold most of what's changed hands over the internet in the past five years :ph34r: