Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WHAT do you program?

Shooter Grrl

Let's see...

Obviously, the reload(s). I "program" it by mock-engaging the array and leaving the position while doing the reload.

Coming in to a position. Then target engagement order (preferably left to right and bottom up). Then leaving the position.

Anywhere there's a big swing transition (not simple side-by-side targets), I'll stand there and swing my hands from target to target repeatedly. If it's a tricky transition where I have to move a bit to reveal a target behind a vision barrier, I'll do the movement repeatedly.

Sometimes I'll identify visual references to look for which are stepping stones to seeing a target or array. Like I'll look for this corner of the wall, knowing that when I see it during my run, I should come to a stop and bring the gun up because the target around the corner will be visible soon thereafter. This is important when I can't see the target until I'm right on top of it.

It seems that most of what I program during the walk through is seeing the next target.

Shooter Grrl,

I if care to, I program every single thing I know I will need to see, in incredible detail. The "areas" on the targets, exactly what the sights will or will not look like, how the targets will appear when moving through the stage, in essence, everything I will need to see when looking from the point of reference of my eyes. I also program what my body will look like, or the position it needs to be in to negotiate any obstacles (or to be in a certain position in a box, or in a barricade) from a "3rd person" point of view - like I'm seeing myself in that position. For me, it works better to just see the position by body needs to be in in my mind rather than thinking my way into a position.

When moving from one position to another, I've experimented with just about every technique you could imagine - visual, thinking, consciously moving my body by thinking or imagining how to move my feet to move me the quickest... What works best (for me) is to create in my mind the visual image of exactly what I want to see next, and then let my body get me there how it will.

be