Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taran Tactical followers

CraigEcash86

On 10/17/2016 at 8:28 AM, zzt said:

Ditto.  Like other after market followers, except "race" MBX followers, they will lock the slide back with one round in the mag unless you modify your SS or trim the follower.

I'm a little confused. It'll lock the slide back with one round left in the mag? What's the benefit of that? That's like... wasting the round, no? 

I'm a little confused. It'll lock the slide back with one round left in the mag? What's the benefit of that? That's like... wasting the round, no? 

That is correct. Sometimes with even 2 left in the magazine. The ammunition/bullet can walk to that side and engage the slide stop.
This is why lots of shooters trim the follower that engages the slide stop.
To go even further one would grind down the slide stop nub that gets engaged by the follower with pressure from magazine spring. This ensures no accidental slide lock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, FlashAndPoof said:

This is a 2011 trait in general, not specific to the TTI parts. It isn't a "feature" - it shouldn't happen but does from time to time. Mine did it last weekend with one of my stock mags.

Filed off the tabs on the followers, dimpled the slide stop, and ground down the inside of the side stop. Ran them this weekend worked perfectly! Feed every bullets and slide never locked back once. 

[/quote
[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, CraigEcash86 said:

Filed off the tabs on the followers, dimpled the slide stop, and ground down the inside of the side stop. Ran them this weekend worked perfectly! Feed every bullets and slide never locked back once. 

Got a picture of the modifications? I'm wondering if it's something simple enough for a mechanically challenged person like myself.

15 hours ago, FlashAndPoof said:

Got a picture of the modifications? I'm wondering if it's something simple enough for a mechanically challenged person like myself.

I'll post some pics when I get home after work. It's pretty easy to do.