Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best PCC trigger?

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, MB DOC said:

Tried Hyperfire 24c with JP and Surmount bolts. Had doubles and triples and no reset with both. Velocity trigger was full auto. Waiting on a JP trigger to try. 

Hello: That is weird. Check to see if the trigger is rubbing on the lower. Also recheck to make sure the install is correct. You could also try the lighter springs making the trigger a little heavier pull. What buffer setup do you have? Thanks, Eric

No rubbing. Installed correctly (I've used in .223s) JP 9mm scr set up the way it came. Thought about trying the lighter springs but customer is using Elftmann in his .223 and wants it light as possible. Did try Elftmann no doubles but it rarely reset. 

No rubbing. Installed correctly (I've used in .223s) JP 9mm scr set up the way it came. Thought about trying the lighter springs but customer is using Elftmann in his .223 and wants it light as possible. Did try Elftmann no doubles but it rarely reset. 

We shot my buddy's new build today, and with JP bolt, JPSPS9mm2, and Elfman trigger was a single shot. Never reset once for me. I told him there would be a problem with the Elfmann in advance, but he wanted to try it anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I have surmised that the Hiperfire 24c is a bit finicky.  On more than one occasion I have had to re-install it at the range due to failure to reset or failure to engage. It always works again, but nonetheless...

I'm pretty sure this is related to the amount of grime PCC produces.

15 hours ago, MB DOC said:

Tried Hyperfire 24c with JP and Surmount bolts. Had doubles and triples and no reset with both. Velocity trigger was full auto. Waiting on a JP trigger to try. 

I had same results with Velocity 3# trigger in qc10 lower pcc build. Got a JP ez trigger installed and no more burst mode and nice 3# trigger pull with short reset.  Velocity website does not recommend their triggers with 9mm or blowback guns. 

One thing we can say as a certainty....these PCC's all have their own personalities.

I have a QC10 Colt pattern lower with a JP GMR-13 upper with a HiperFire ECL and a billet AR lower with a dedicated Hahn block using a Taccom ULW upper, JP bolt, and a HiperFire ECL. Both run perfect with those trigger....knock on wood.

Hopefully due to the interest in PCC that some of the trigger manufactures will start making dedicated 9mm triggers.

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 9:07 PM, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: That is weird. Check to see if the trigger is rubbing on the lower. Also recheck to make sure the install is correct. You could also try the lighter springs making the trigger a little heavier pull. What buffer setup do you have? Thanks, Eric

Eric,  On all of your buffer experimentation has that made any difference on a trigger working or not? Was wondering if I could slow bolt down some if it would negate hammer bounce.

Greg

Edited by MB DOC

anyone have any experience with these triggers:  http://www.kearms.com/slt-1-sear-link-technology-trigger.aspx

They claim: 

ANY CALIBER 
The SLT-1 has been tested thoroughly with traditional AR calibers and pistol caliber blow back systems. It has also been tested in the Sig Sauer MPX with no damage.* 

*While we have sucessfully tested the SLT-1 with Tula and Wolf ammunition in .223, .308, and 9mm, we have NOT tested it with 7.62x39mm com bloc surplus with hard primers. 

EFFICIENT ENERGY TRANSFER 
- There is no disconnector for the hammer to drive through, thus creating a more efficient cycle of the bolt simply pushing the hammer out of the way as the gunfires. 
- Forces of the bolt on the hammer are not transmitted into any other components of the trigger assembly. 
- Constant sear engagement against the hammer means the trigger is always ready to reset and fire. 

IMPROVED SAFETY 
Due to the unique geometry of the trigger, the safety can always be applied regardless of the hammer being down or cocked. When used appropriately this adds another level of safety to administrative handling and clearing of ma

Hello: Yes, when I tried a very heavy buffer spring setup I had a CMC trigger that would get hammer follow but not doubling. I also tried a very light Jard trigger setup that would get hammer follow also with the odd doubling. Another thing I found was that some uppers are not all the same. The bore for the bolt was set higher up on a couple I tried so that was causing a problem for trigger reset. Getting a PCC to run when you use different parts can be a challenge sometimes. I would try different parts if you have them and different buffer setups with different springs. Also check to see if your reloads are not short stroking. Thanks, Eric

9 hours ago, Jerrymarsh said:

ok New build put Hiperfire in wont reset now and then is just being new needs more rounds thru it

for dependability

Let me guess......6 ounce plus buffer and a 308 spring? 

I read about half of this thread and only saw 1 Hiperfire EDT 3 listed (with no fails)...it is a $100 trigger that's runs about 4lb pull (did not test it)and when I installed on my new NFA side charger build, it ran right out of the box...on about 800 rounds now without a hiccup. 

i think this will lighten a little the more I shoot, but for reliability sake... I don't need a trigger on my PCC like my open gun.

Very happy with this model, and 2 of my buddies who followed my same bill of materials from my build to make theirs are using the same trigger...zero fails.....FYI.

41 minutes ago, Ofishl1 said:

I read about half of this thread and only saw 1 Hiperfire EDT 3 listed (with no fails)...it is a $100 trigger that's runs about 4lb pull (did not test it)and when I installed on my new NFA side charger build, it ran right out of the box...on about 800 rounds now without a hiccup. 

i think this will lighten a little the more I shoot, but for reliability sake... I don't need a trigger on my PCC like my open gun.

Very happy with this model, and 2 of my buddies who followed my same bill of materials from my build to make theirs are using the same trigger...zero fails.....FYI.

This, inexpensive and works. Recommended by NFA. Mine is crisp, no over travel, and around 3.5-4#.

gerritm

7 minutes ago, gerritm said:

This, inexpensive and works. Recommended by NFA. Mine is crisp, no over travel, and around 3.5-4#.

gerritm

So for $100 what does the the Hiperfire EDT give you over polishing the sear and hammer surfaces and added an $11 JP Enterprises trigger spring kit?

broke a elf 3 gun this weekend at area 3, and the only other trigger I could find was a ruger 452 2 stage after about only 200 rounds this trigger is beat up pretty bad, it did let me shoot the 2nd day and that's about it, still waiting for a call back from elf:huh:

trigger.jpg

Edited by fishhunter3
2 hours ago, 1911luvr said:

That appears to be the AR10 hammer.  I have talked with the guys at Elf and they have a design in the works specifically for the AR9 but have not produced it as of yet. I have the Elf AR10 trigger and it did not work with my JP bolt carrier.  If that trigger at shooters connection truly is designed specifically for the AR9 then that is news to me.