Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best PCC trigger?

I just installed the Timney Calvin Elite in my PSA. Really nice trigger! Light pull, minimal movement. I only got about 200 rounds on it so far, but zero issues. If it starts giving me fits, I'll swap it with the JP thats in my 3Gun rifle. 

IMG_20170713_124111_749.jpg

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished a build and tried using an AR gold... well I had no reset.  I am running an ASA side charger with CMMG bolt opened up for .40S&W and kaw valley 7.5oz ss buffer.

Had to swap out for the trusty POF in time for a steel match.

The Geissele SD-3G looks super quick for double taps from some reviews I have watched, does anyone have experience with this in a PCC?

The SD-3G is hit and miss from what I have read. The geissele triggers are not designed to work with a ramped bolt. 

I would look at the tried and true choices - Hiperfire (24G, 24C, and eclipse) or JP. Both work well with PCCs and do not have issues with a ramped bolt. 

If you have time to wait and really like Geissele triggers, I believe  is coming out with a PCC specific trigger. 

On 10/19/2016 at 9:10 PM, aaron410 said:

I've got a JP GMR13 that shipped with their trigger which worked like a charm. In the last two weeks, I switched over to a Geiselle SD3G to give it a try and I've had a couple of light strikes thus far. No issues with resetting, just the light strikes. 

Im going to give it a little more practice this week but if it doesn't sort itself out I'm heading back to the JP trigger. 

To date......I've had 3 triggers (out of 11) work 100% in the PCC.....The old stand by JP (and my fav). The Hiperfire Eclipse, however it did fail to reset once while I was experimenting with buffers, and the Hiperfire EDC. All others have failed.....I did not test the CMC, Velocity and geisselle. ANd this has been with both ramped and non ramped bolts.

As much as I want to justify getting a "super" aftermarket trigger, I can't find fault with the one that came in the gun from JP.  I followed their procedure to lightly smooth the tool marks on the engagement surfaces and the trigger is hard to beat.  It has about a 2 lb break and as close to no pre-travel, or over-travel, as you can get.  On paper it is as good as anything else that you can buy, and it works 100%.

33 minutes ago, L9X25 said:

As much as I want to justify getting a "super" aftermarket trigger, I can't find fault with the one that came in the gun from JP.  I followed their procedure to lightly smooth the tool marks on the engagement surfaces and the trigger is hard to beat.  It has about a 2 lb break and as close to no pre-travel, or over-travel, as you can get.  On paper it is as good as anything else that you can buy, and it works 100%.

Yeah, if you have a JP, there is absolutely no need to upgrade it. JP is currently my favorite trigger, and I've tried a bunch. 

10 hours ago, MHitchcock said:

The SD-3G is hit and miss from what I have read. The geissele triggers are not designed to work with a ramped bolt. 

I would look at the tried and true choices - Hiperfire (24G, 24C, and eclipse) or JP. Both work well with PCCs and do not have issues with a ramped bolt. 

If you have time to wait and really like Geissele triggers, I believe  is coming out with a PCC specific trigger. 

My SD3G is very difficult to not bump fire in my PCC.  About every other mag you'll get a dead trigger too.  A lot of fun, but not appropriate for competition.

1 hour ago, thepunishur said:

Yeah, if you have a JP, there is absolutely no need to upgrade it. JP is currently my favorite trigger, and I've tried a bunch. 

Agreed!!....There is no upgrade from a JP trigger......only down grade.

Hello: One of the things I have noticed with the Hiperfire 24C is that the more I shoot it the better it feels. I was cranking off some pretty quick splits today at 10 yards that I was not able to two months ago. Groups were less than 3" with splits in the 0.12-0.14 which for me and a PCC is good. AR15 is still faster on the splits. Thanks, Eric

So sounds like Hiperfire is the way to go for 100% reliability which leads me to the question is the eclipse worth the extra cash?

looks to be just nickel boron on surfaces but description said smoother pull ?

On 7/18/2017 at 5:53 PM, thepunishur said:

I just installed the Timney Calvin Elite in my PSA. Really nice trigger! Light pull, minimal movement. I only got about 200 rounds on it so far, but zero issues. If it starts giving me fits, I'll swap it with the JP thats in my 3Gun rifle. 

IMG_20170713_124111_749.jpg

What mag we'll is that?  Thx. 

On 7/19/2017 at 9:50 AM, L9X25 said:

What is their procedure to smooth the tool marks ?  

Edited by HerdThinner
On 7/13/2017 at 8:09 AM, v1911 said:

I would recommend the Timney, but last night I started getting occasional doubles. This is on a DI PCC so not the same as a blowback. But I'm getting a Ti firing pin to see if that helps my problem. 

Remedied the doubles and triples. Turns out it was slam fires. After installing a Ti firing pin, the Timney has been reliable.