Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best PCC trigger?

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, mveto said:

I’ll 2nd the CMC 9mm AR trigger, I picked one up a while back and it’s great. I swapped out a 24C for the CMC and couldn’t be happier. It’s a great option at an excellent price. Very clean break and crisp reset.

The CMC trigger seems to have a much higher trigger pull than the 24c... 

Curious why you took out the 24c and put in a CNC trigger?

4 hours ago, RaylanGivens said:

The CMC trigger seems to have a much higher trigger pull than the 24c... 

Curious why you took out the 24c and put in a CNC trigger?

It was a few reasons I swapped triggers, sometimes with the 24C trigger I felt that it wouldn’t reset the way I wanted, for whatever reason I had a ton of trigger freeze while shooting during matches, probably more of a way I release the trigger over anything else. With the CMC I don’t get that, can’t explain why just the way it is. Also living in Komifornia I had to neuter down my PCC to be compliant, I was originally just using a standard AR grip with a wrap and an ambi safety, but I switched over to the Strike Megafin grip and a standard ambi safety wouldn’t work so I had to get the Strike Switch safety which is designed to be used with the megafin grip. The strike safety and 24C trigger don’t always work well together so I wanted to make sure they would be compatible together.

So many bolt variables bewteen these AR9s can do affect the trigger behaviour, I am also running a piston buffer with a wave spring in the rear, perhaps this condition is helping. Rounds feeding and down range consistently is always the goal. I wanted it to run like my open gun and it does..

5 hours ago, mveto said:

It was a few reasons I swapped triggers, sometimes with the 24C trigger I felt that it wouldn’t reset the way I wanted, for whatever reason I had a ton of trigger freeze while shooting during matches, probably more of a way I release the trigger over anything else. With the CMC I don’t get that, can’t explain why just the way it is. Also living in Komifornia I had to neuter down my PCC to be compliant, I was originally just using a standard AR grip with a wrap and an ambi safety, but I switched over to the Strike Megafin grip and a standard ambi safety wouldn’t work so I had to get the Strike Switch safety which is designed to be used with the megafin grip. The strike safety and 24C trigger don’t always work well together so I wanted to make sure they would be compatible together.

That makes sense...  I'm not too familiar with the items you are talking about...  Maybe that's a good thing.

I have spent the last week tryng many trigger combo's on my PCC 9mm PSA upper and PSA PX9 lower. Milspec polisher with light JP and KAW springs. PSA EPT trigger with the light springs and EPT with PSA springs that came with the trigger!!! All of which doubled, tripled or went full auto!!!  The only thing I could get to work was Milspec polished with Milspec springs, basically the std Milspec setup. SSSSO I bought a Hiperfire Flex and installed it yesterday and WALA!! it works great 100+ rnds yesterday and 100+ today and not one problem, 147s,124s, 145 reloads. The trigger ran great. Just my .02, not saying that it is the answer to all problem but it solved mine. I chose the Hiperfire because after reading many posts on many forums it seemed to be the one with the most success. JD

On 9/18/2018 at 1:57 PM, rishii said:

Out of stock now.

It will be interesting to hear how these do long term.

So far I am very happy with my Elftmann, but getting something else for my next build is very tempting when its half the price.

Follow up!! I bought and installed a Eclipse Hiperfire on my other PSA upper and lower (new style) PCC. Ran great used the lightest spring setup. 2.5LBS trigger pull makes it a real blast to shoot. I went in and changed my Reflex Hiperfire to the light springs also and it really shoots nice also. NO doubles or bursts, and NO AUTO!!! 200+ rounds thru each gun and no problems so far. They are expensive, but they do seem to work.  JD

On 10/26/2016 at 10:58 AM, BD Williamson said:

OLD style JP with the 2 adjustment screws. They just flat work and have a great break and reset!

Had this old style JP in my AR-9. (Qtr circle 10 glock lower and bolt) Tried the Hyperfire to see how it was after reading all the good reviews. It worked fine but I prefer the feel of the JP.  When set up properly it has less creep and shorter reset than the Hyperfire. Put the Hyperfire in my AR-15. And they lived happily ever after. :cheers:

I built a 9MM SBR a couple years ago. PSA lower (2016 so not sure if it’s old style or new). AeroPrecision upper. I read through this whole post before buying any parts. Went with Hyperfire 24C. It was expensive, but it was the only trigger that I couldn’t find one “didn’t work” report on. Some people didn’t necessarily like it, but it seemed to always work. 2 years and thousands of rounds later, not a single issue. I have one of the “fit it yourself” JP triggers in an AR. EXCELLENT trigger, but I can run Hyperfire way faster. No comparison.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 4:08 PM, mveto said:

I put a 24C in my NC PCC and it is working great and is a solid trigger, but something about it makes me want my JP from my 223 in the PCC.

I suspect most of the doubling people are experiencing is more of a bump fire issue than the fault of the trigger. While playing around short-stroking I found it was possible to get the Hyperfire triggers to easily bump 2-8 rounds if you set the stroke to minimally exceed the reset. The lighter I held the gun the more rounds it would bump. 

I found the Hyperfire lacked the solid wall/glass rod break I prefer so went with a JP like my JP-15. Much happier.

I have Hiperfires in my rifles and love them. Not sure what I’ll go with in my PCC. Not sure I’d be happy with anything over 2#, as my pistols are that or below. The 24c/competition might be overkill, but will probably stick with Hyperfire. I do have a new Jard 1.5# that might work well, sadly they don’t offer that any longer

Edited by gmantwo

Going to try a Geissele B-G2S-E (2-stage) on mine because it is a 5.56 lower with a Stern 9mm adapter that I will also be using with a 5.56 scoped upper for rifle competitions with farther shots.  Hope it stays reliable.  Research seems to show mainly good results but some not so good depending on the BCG.  Will probably have to switch grips to a Magpul K2+ to increase reach.

Edited by MoRivera
9 minutes ago, rishii said:

I installed the cmc AR9 trigger in my psa lower and it dropped in at 2.5 lbs

its not as crisp as my JPs but a huge improvement over my hyperfire 24e, now off to the range to test fire

I was also contemplating the Hyperfire 24E.  What didn't you like about it?

On 9/17/2018 at 9:01 PM, mveto said:

I’ll 2nd the CMC 9mm AR trigger, I picked one up a while back and it’s great. I swapped out a 24C for the CMC and couldn’t be happier. It’s a great option at an excellent price. Very clean break and crisp reset.

I will have to also agree that the CMC 9mm designed AR trigger is a great trigger....I dropped it into my PSA lower and have about 400 flawlwss rounds thru this rifle with zero issues.....My CMC trigger is breaking crisply with a ten pull average at just under 3lbs....Mark

So I gave the Geissele B-G2S-E (2-stage) a workout today at the range.  It worked fine.  It's definitely a softer/more rolling overall pull with more travel and longer reset than the POF flat-faced single-stage I had in, but I can see how I'd like it more for more precise shots where I'd prep the trigger first.  Still, for closer-in PCC competition I might switch out to the POF because it's just faster in rapid fire.

Edited by MoRivera