Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best PCC trigger?

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll watch this one closely.

I got my PSA 9mm lower several weeks ago.  The trigger is not bad if you like a 9# trigger with lots of gritty creep.   I put some trigger slick on it with some improvement but decided to go ahead and order a Hiperfire 24C.

I read somewhere that this trigger does work with 9mm AR carbines.

I have a POF drop in trigger.  It works wel with no doubles or light strikes, but little take up or reset and I forget to pull it.  I have a polished milspec with JP springs in my M&P 15-22 that I can run a lot faster at the steels matches I shoot. 

Oddly enough, the WC carbine also comes with a 2 stage trigger. When I asked the rep about a single stage, they commented it was in the works but that the 2 stage was currently the most reliable option they had to offer.

The hyper fire 24C will work in JP rifles.  I think this is because of the JP buffer system.  It was also worked in a random build, once I switched to a Kaw Valley Precision Solid Stainless Steel Blowback Buffer - 7.5oz and extra power buffer spring.  With the 5.5 oz and 9mm buffer spacer I was getting hammer follow with no doubling.  It was just a dead trigger.

I have a CMC in a PSA lower... The one that came in mine was a 4stage 13.5 lbs beast. 

I run 24c in my 3gun rifle but $235 for a trigger in a $700 gun is a bit much, that and I shoot open pistols. 

Edited by 3gunDQ
1 hour ago, 3gunDQ said:

I have a CMC in a PSA lower... The one that came in mine was a 4stage 13.5 lbs beast. 

I run 24c in my 3gun rifle but $235 for a trigger in a $700 gun is a bit much, that and I shoot open pistols. 

I also  run a 24c in my 3 gun rifle.  That actually made the decision  to also  put one in my PCC easy.  A known commodity.

And if it doesn't  work, plenty other carbines to put it into.

Be careful with so-called tuned mil-spec triggers.   Tried an ALG tuned trigger group and shortly after installation I'd get doubles, then full auto.  Worst part is my youngest was on the gun when it went auto.  Yanked it out and stock trigger parts went back in.  Seems like the higher dollar triggers have closer tolerances. 

My PCC trigger is stock CMMG parts, JP service hammer spring and KNS pins.  Trigger pull is surprisingly good but main thing is it doesn't double/go full auto. 

9 hours ago, aandabooks said:

Timney 3lb in mine.  Had originally bought a Velocity but do to random full-auto fire and ruptured cases from firing out of battery that trigger is now in my AR-15 and working well.

This is exactly what I have going on. It's great in my AR15 not the 9.

I've got a JP GMR13 that shipped with their trigger which worked like a charm. In the last two weeks, I switched over to a Geiselle SD3G to give it a try and I've had a couple of light strikes thus far. No issues with resetting, just the light strikes. 

Im going to give it a little more practice this week but if it doesn't sort itself out I'm heading back to the JP trigger. 

How hard would it be for JP to make a flat trigger? I've read nothing but positive reviews on their factory triggers, but now that I've been bitten by the flat trigger bug, curved triggers don't do it for me.