Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Ray_Z

What to do with the extra bullet

On 11/8/2018 at 10:47 PM, wtturn said:

This is why Virginia count is idiotic

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

As for Virginia Count, I can take it or leave it.  The problem scoring it comes from multiple strings on the same target.  Either design the stage with different arrays for each string or score targets between strings.  

you can't eliminate an earned penalty by a later action. The shooter fired an extra shot and hit target with it on string 1. He gets two procedurals. Then he proceeded to get a penalty for FTSA on string two. Thats total of 3 procedurals. I could also argue that he failed to follow the written stage brief by only firing 5 shots on string 2 giving him 4 procedurals.

I cannot see an argument that the poor guy has been penalized enough. WTF he is the one that performed the illegal actions. Give him everything applicable. Mercy is not in the rulebook.

Scoring targets from the start position before all strings have been shot seems pretty dicey. I also don't think ftsa would apply.

I count the extra hits during shooting and then score the paper as it stands after shooting is complete. 

Edited by IHAVEGAS

10 hours ago, Brooke said:

you can't eliminate an earned penalty by a later action. The shooter fired an extra shot and hit target with it on string 1. He gets two procedurals. Then he proceeded to get a penalty for FTSA on string two. Thats total of 3 procedurals. I could also argue that he failed to follow the written stage brief by only firing 5 shots on string 2 giving him 4 procedurals.

I cannot see an argument that the poor guy has been penalized enough. WTF he is the one that performed the illegal actions. Give him everything applicable. Mercy is not in the rulebook.

The problem is that the rule book doesn't support 2 of the procedurals you are trying to give the shooter.  

as an RO you should generally try to follow the rulebook.  There is another thread on virgina count stages in the last few days with a good post showing the applicable rules, you might want to take a look at it

8 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

I count the extra hits during shooting and then score the paper as it stands after shooting is complete. 

You mean shots?

8 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

Scoring targets from the start position before all strings have been shot seems pretty dicey. 

Herein lies the rub. On “can you count “ for example, it’s very easy to tell if there are six holes on a target instead of five. The targets are what, 8 feet away? But I’m like you. I was taught to only count shots from the line then score hits at the target. Keeps it simple

21 minutes ago, IHAVEGAS said:

"220 , 221 , whatever it takes"

:) 

Edited by Sarge