Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New ICORE club in Mesquite, NV

Just wanted to let everyone know that there is a new ICORE club (mesquite mayhem pistol society on Facebook)  in Mesquite, NV. the range is just across stateline in Arizona at the Smokin Gun Range (formally the Oasis Gun Range) We have a ICORE on the second Saturday of the month usually starting around 8am NV time.

USPSA matches on the 2nd Sunday and on the 4th Sat-Sun of the month. Friday night steel matches every week until summer comes.

Smokin Gun range has 12 pistol bays (7 are for competition USPSA & ICORE) also 2 trap houses- Skeet and 10 stand Sporting Clays) 

Contact Mark Chapman or Bruce Landvik on Facebook or google search Smokin Gun Range for more information.

Thank you

Bruce Landvik

• 1 month later...

Great shooting with you at the Boulder City ICORE match Bruce. I hope to make the trek up that way soon.

Would love to shoot ICORE Saturday , then USPSA Sunday , but that Sunday is also our Vegas Subgun match ( 2nd Sunday of the month ).

• 5 months later...

I want to thank Bruce and Mark for hosting a few shooters from SLC this weekend.  As I had not shot an ICORE Classifier since 2002 they set up four stages for us to shoot during their monthly match. We met a great bunch of guys enjoyed two days of shooting (USPSA on day two) and two great lunches prepared by Bruce. I believe Mesquite should be on everyone's go to list, it is a short drive from either Saint George, Utah or Las Vegas, has abundant reasonably priced lodging, fantastic High Desert Scenery, Gambling and great off roading activities. The club is taking the summer off (it does get warm in the Summer) and will begin their fall season in September. I will definitely be back for the ICORE Regional match in October.

• 3 months later...
19 hours ago, radny97 said:

I'm trying to register for this years regional in mesquite but I can't seem to get ICOREs online registration to work. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Use PractiScore and search mesquite. You will see all the upcoming matches plus the southwest regional. Hope you come and shoot with us here in mesquite. 

Bruce 

Planning on it. Looks like I'll have to join ICORE first. I've shot a few ICORE sanctioned matches but didn't realize they were actually outlaw matches and that I was not an ICORE member.
ICOREs online registration is not working but I'll mail in my form tomorrow.
Hopefully practiscore will let me register without an ICORE member number. And then I can just update later when I get everything back from them.

1 hour ago, radny97 said:

Planning on it. Looks like I'll have to join ICORE first. I've shot a few ICORE sanctioned matches but didn't realize they were actually outlaw matches and that I was not an ICORE member.
ICOREs online registration is not working but I'll mail in my form tomorrow.
Hopefully practiscore will let me register without an ICORE member number. And then I can just update later when I get everything back from them.

We can add you as pending. It's not a problem. 

On 8/21/2017 at 10:04 PM, radny97 said:

I'm trying to register for this years regional in mesquite but I can't seem to get ICOREs online registration to work. Any suggestions?

Icore doesn't have online signup anymore since they have some different officers in place now. With that said you need to down load the membership application and mail it to the membership chairman who is Ron Williamson. This is the address that I have used; PO BOX 4194, Westlake Village, CA    91359-1194

• 1 month later...

Great match this last weekend. Good stages, I liked the snack cart idea with food after the match.

And, although, probably not in your control, but a firmer surface would be nice.

Our range is built on the Virgin River bed which unfortunately means sand. I wish we could fix the footing issue but with every wind storm we will get another inch or two covering anything we add to a base. We call the range Mayhem Beach Club for a reason. 

3 hours ago, chefnlv said:

Our range is built on the Virgin River bed which unfortunately means sand. I wish we could fix the footing issue but with every wind storm we will get another inch or two covering anything we add to a base. We call the range Mayhem Beach Club for a reason. 

Yep, still a great match.... Next year?

Had a great match at the ICORE SW regional.. Definitely a great new venue and despite the sand condition, well, this range has a lot of potential.. I enjoyed my brief stay and look forward to more matches at this range!

Edited by sargenv