Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is there a specific reason the "Shadow Line" pistols aren't imported?

ArrDave

Why don't we get the aluminum gripped "Shadow Line" pistols other than that run of the CZ 75 Shadow Line that nobody seems interested in?  The SP01 Shadow we used to get came with the big safeties and these come with a different set of safeties.  Further there's a Shadow Line compact, which would be freaking awesome.  Is there a legal reason these are not imported?

My question is why aren't those models routinely imported.  The old style shadow(91154) that was previously built up to be the Shadow Custom and doesn't show up often (nearly ever), the Shadowline appears a better appointed model of it.  Seems like they could sell all they could import, if they would import them. Why do we not import them?

ArrDave, my understanding is that the ShadowLine was produced to allow people to have some aftermarket upgrades standard on their IPSC Production Shadows, and I am guessing they added the compact model to fill out the product line.  It wasn't intended for the U.S. market.  In 2012, the Shadow was gaining in popularity in the U.S.,  demand was high, and supply was down.  In November of that year, Obama was re-elected, and there was the standard accelerated buying we have whenever a Dem is elected to the Whitehouse, then the Sandy Hook shooting happened, and panic buying went off the charts.  With growing demand for the Shadow having already put CZ under pressure to keep up with demand, then the panic buying pushing everyone to buy everything in sight,  the supply of 75 Shadows evaporated.  Pretty much non-existent.   AND demand for Shadows was still on the rise.   In early 2013, CZ brought in 50 ShadowLines to satisfy some of the growing demand.  My understanding is that that's the only reason ShadowLines ever got into the U.S. in the first place.  They disappeared fairly quickly, then earlier this year, or maybe last year, they brought in another shipment (I have no idea how many), and demand hasn't been that great because of the availability of Shadows, Shadow Targets, AccuShadows, etc..   I would guess they won't be imported much from here on out because demand hasn't been high.

If my account of the events seems oddly specific, it's because I'm recounting my journey through late 2012 up to May 2013 when I bought my ShadowLine. ;)

Looks like it is production legal as a CZ75 I would think. They are all well appointed. I nearly pulled the trigger on one recently before I got a great deal on a very lightly used Accu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk