Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

red dots

I like the T1 and H1 a lot the T1 is only better if you plan on running night vision.  But lately I have been buying the Primary Arms advanced series micro dot. Side by side with my aimpoints It is 95% as bight visible even on the sunniest days and it costs 170 vs 600. I have been running them for a while now and highly recommend it. As much as I like the Aimpoint H1 and T1 I can not justify the extra cost when I get nearly the same thing from the PA sight. 

http://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-advanced-micro-dot-with-push-buttons-and-up-to-50khour-battery-life/p/md-ads/

Description and Specifications

Our best-selling red dot model, the MD-ADS features up to 50,000 hours of battery life from the included CR2032 battery and an ultra-sharp 2 MOA dot. Top mounted push buttons adjust the 12 brightness settings from night vision compatible to daylight bright. This tough optic is waterproof, with a 3-year warranty. The included 1913 Picatinny base is removable and the scope body is compatible with any industry standard Micro mount system. Rubber “bikini” lens cover included. 

Now featuring improved waterproofing! Chemical resistant Buna-N (nitrile) O-rings protect the battery compartment from water entry. Tested to a depth of 2 meters for over 72 hours!
Brand
Primary Arms

Battery Type
1x CR2032
Finish
Matte Black
Material
Aluminum
Mount Style
T1 / H1 Compatible
Reticle
Single Dot - 2 MOA
Reticle Color
Red
Base
Picatinny / Weaver
Battery Life
Up to 50,000 hours
Brightness
12 settings
Click Value
1/2 MOA
Control Placement
Control Type
Push Button
Fogproof
Yes
Parallax
Absence of parallax shift past 33 yards
Water Resistance
Yes
Manufacturer
Primary Arms
Shockproof
Yes
Shotgun Rated
Yes
Weight
3.9 oz
Edited by Alaskapopo

I went with the Aimpoint Pro.  "Buy once cry once........ formerly known as baby steps."

Aimpoint offers a model that is $60 cheaper that doesnt have night vision settings.  All recommendations I could find suggested spending the extra $60 and go with the PRO - aka Patriot Rifle Optic.

Good luck 

I have both a Vortex SPARC II and Spitfire 1x.... currently using the Spitfire as I have a pretty bad astigmatism, and the ability to focus is nice... I wish the center dot was just a tad larger and had only the center ring... red/greed/black options is nice with the etched reticle

I have used the Primary Arms Micro, (Chinese Aimpoint Clone), great for range use or as a entry optic for PCC.    I am currently running the C-More RTS2 v4 with a 3 MOA dot.  Love it!!! I recommend it if you are serious about USPSA PCC.   The tube style have too much going on in the sight path.   I figured there is a reason everyone went with the C-More style in open.  The current v4 of the RTS2 has solved the issues on the previous versions. 

If your purpose is more tactical ninja stuff.  Aimpoint and clones I understand.   You cannot co-witness the RTS2 with the scorpion OEM iron sights.  The Primary Arms can and I imagine most tube style can as well, depending on mount.

Edited by brisix
37 minutes ago, brisix said:

I have used the Primary Arms Micro, (Chinese Aimpoint Clone), great for range use or as a entry optic for PCC.    I am currently running the C-More RTS2 v4 with a 3 MOA dot.  Love it!!! I recommend it if you are serious about USPSA PCC.   The tube style have too much going on in the sight path.   I figured there is a reason everyone went with the C-More style in open.  The current v4 of the RTS2 has solved the issues on the previous versions. 

If your purpose is more tactical ninja stuff.  Aimpoint and clones I understand.   You cannot co-witness the RTS2 with the scorpion OEM iron sights.  The Primary Arms can and I imagine most tube style can as well, depending on mount.

On pistols the small tubes are a disadvantage as its hard to get the pistol aligned fast with the smaller window. This is a non issue on a rifle where the sight is always in line with your head thanks to a shoulder stock. If your shooting with 2 eyes open you should nto be seeing anything in the sight path except a red dot and a target. 

Pat

Pat

in theory I agree with you, but in practice I find a c-more faster and easier to use

ive got a couple of bushnell trs25 mounted on long guns, one on a saiga 12, the other on a pcc, and I find myself having a bit of tunnel vision with them

but it could also be that I'm an open shooter and have been running c-more for 20 years