Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Whats your favorite coated bullet

Targetpractice

Favorite coated bullet?   

425 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SNS Casting in 9mm 147 grain round nose sized to .356 with the red coating. They really pack the box well with lots of padding to ensure the bullets don’t get damaged in shipping. 

Edited by HI5-O

I've been buying Badman Bullets. They have a great polymer coating that is good to 2200 FPS even though I don't need half of that speed. I find them extremely accurate and the price isn't bad either. Patrick is a great guy to deal with and will answer any bullet or reloading question over the phone. They ship out you order very quickly also. I've tried a lot of others ,and most were ok , but Badman bullets has the complete package for me.

1 minute ago, Apollo99 said:

I've been buying Badman Bullets. They have a great polymer coating that is good to 2200 FPS even though I don't need half of that speed. I find them extremely accurate and the price isn't bad either. Patrick is a great guy to deal with and will answer any bullet or reloading question over the phone. They ship out you order very quickly also. I've tried a lot of others ,and most were ok , but Badman bullets has the complete package for me.

Never heard of them. 2200 fps from coated?

4 hours ago, Snowb1rd said:

Bayou bullets, but have heard good things about Blue Bullets. Next order gonna be with Blue unless someone can absolutely sway me otherwise?

Order the Blue, you will be happy.  As per chrono results out of my edge and Sig max, the blues were faster than xtreme plated and bbi loaded to same length and same powder charge. On avg. 35 fps faster than bbi and 61 fps faster than the plated. 

On 1/14/2018 at 4:58 PM, Snowb1rd said:

Next order gonna be with Blue unless someone can absolutely sway me otherwise?

Blue are fine ... except,  the coating comes off on your fingers. Looks like you've been eating blueberry's after 100 rounds. (I hand set the bullets)

On 08/01/2018 at 1:56 PM, blueorison said:

Bayou.  I've tried Blue bullets, to some success.

There are soooo many coated bullet mfgs.  Some individuals even bake their own.

Which brand of coated bullets are your favorite? If yours isnt listed please name it below along with weight and caliber.

i  was about   to  mention that MINE are the ones  i'm using  for the  game.  

i'm using the  lyman  401638 FP  with  hi tek coating ;  with   quenching and  2    layer of  coating i'm getting 22BHN which is  more than enough hardeness  for  the mighty fourty caliber.  i'm getting more  accuracy  with my own coated  rounds  than with  middle  of  the  road  jacketed  commercial ammo  because  i  resize  on a 4500 resizer  at .400.  and  all my  rounds  weight virtually the  same  and the  circumference's  consistency   is  very  ,very good  whereas  most  of  the  commercial  bullets  i've  used  to this  day including zero are  sometimes  far  from being consistent between those lines.

Edited by sigsauerfan