Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for Input on a Frame Mounted Red Dot

PPMGuns

Roger That Jcc I was looking at their stuff. Very nice work and they look extremely Rigid. We want to be able to maintain the Open Sights and still install the Mount and the Dot. Is that going to be possible? Or is the Front Sight going to interfere? Sorry to sound ignorant but I don't have the Gun in Front of me . I'm looking at my 1911 which is close. 

Roger That Jcc I was looking at their stuff. Very nice work and they look extremely Rigid. We want to be able to maintain the Open Sights and still install the Mount and the Dot. Is that going to be possible? Or is the Front Sight going to interfere? Sorry to sound ignorant but I don't have the Gun in Front of me . I'm looking at my 1911 which is close. 

Most if not all of the 2011 micro dot mounts will not allow for iron sights as well. Unless there are options I'm not aware of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks Drew I like the Compactness of that Cheely. Also I see no interference with the Front Sight. This Gentleman would like it to be an easy transition From Limited to Open if he chooses. He will be Handicapped I bit as he won't have a Comp. But he mainly shoots 3 Gun. And it wont be that big a disadvantage. 

Thanks Drew I like the Compactness of that Cheely. Also I see no interference with the Front Sight. This Gentleman would like it to be an easy transition From Limited to Open if he chooses. He will be Handicapped I bit as he won't have a Comp. But he mainly shoots 3 Gun. And it wont be that big a disadvantage. 

Ahh yes it doesn't look like the sights wld contact the mount. But you would not be able to see the sights under the mount. It's pretty low - which was why I liked it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have done a couple of STI's like what you want to do.  I used the Cheely mount with a Delta Point pro.  Drilled the rear sight slot for the ball inserts so my friend could change from a slide racker to the rear sight when he took off the mount. On the Delta point it has provisions to add a cowitness sight so we added that.  He also went with a BarSto comp barrel.  This really made a nice set up.  The comp barrel only helps a fraction of what a full comp does but it does help.

i also did the same above to a STI Maurader and added the Cheely steel grip and EGW fire control components.  This made for one fine shooter.  That added weight in the grip does wonders.

If you want a couple of pictures email me at jlaw1949@yahoo.com.