Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI parts for Para Expert

jondextan

Hi guys! I am planning to improve the trigger pull on my Para Expert 14.45 and i just want to ask if STI or SV triggers, sears, springs and hammers are direct replacement or will fit the Para with a little fitting? Anyone here has any experience on this matter? Thanks!

Edited by jondextan

Removing the series 80 parts  and putting in the proper plate to make up the difference  is my first step always to a good para  trigger job.  A lot of times you can use the existing hammer and sear  and spring and just have a gunsmith re-face them or replace all of them but usually best to have a gunsmith do them to get the proper fit.

I did a ground up build on a para frame using all sti internals (sear, disconnector, hammer hammer strut and ambi safety with wilson trigger). Like almost any other aftermarket parts they need to be fitted. Mine now has a crips 2 1/2 lbs trigger pull.

I brought my trigger pull down to 2.5 lbs on my P16.40. the first I did was removed the firing pin block and replaced the vacant spot with a shim. I then purchased a warp speed kit from Brownells and this was pretty much a drop in with all parts fitted. You can get the shim and the warp speed kit at Brownell's. Link is below:

http://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/trigger-group-parts/performance-enhancing-kits/1911-trigger-pull-kits-prod5502.aspx

I was truly impressed that the Para Pro Custom 16.40 came with tool steel hammer and sear from the factory. I simply replaced the series 80 parts with a shim, worked the sear face angle and gave it a slight secondary, then removed a slight bit of material from the sear where the disconnector falls behind it.  My trigger sits at a 2.5lb pull w/short reset using all stock parts and has not budged in 15k rds. 

STI & SV triggers not specifically made for Para's do not work. Aftermarket sears will need to be fit to the thumb safety. Hammers will likely drop in if the strut pin is in the same position. Springs are pretty much universal except for the sear spring, which is cut slightly lower in some Para's. Just expect that everything should be fit by a qualified gunsmith.