Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ 75 extended mag release

fastlane604

I have a CZ 75 Compact with the perfectly round mag release button.  I am thinking of shooting it in IDPA CCP.  The only extended mag release that I can find has the elongated button.  I am guessing that I am out of luck, but does anyone know of availability of an extended mag release with the round button?

I shoot with a CZ 75 Compact in IDPA CCP. I have not found the factory mag release to be an issue. Mods made so far:

1. Magwell. Essential upgrade. Make sure the width fits in the IDPA box.

2. SA flat trigger. A good mod. Mine still has too much take up.

3. Taller front fiber sight (the gun shot very low). I'm still not super happy with this set up, as I find myself using the very bright dot for aiming at intermediate distances when I really want to pick up the top edge. The result it low hits. It seems to be much more of a problem on this gun compared to any of the others I own. I think it may be a function of the combination front sight height and shortish barrel.

We ( CZC) mill the shadow ext safety for the round to extend it.

works well,

I have this one of my pistols will try and photograph it and post.

Edited by eerw

1 hour ago, selecw said:

I shoot with a CZ 75 Compact in IDPA CCP. I have not found the factory mag release to be an issue. Mods made so far:

1. Magwell. Essential upgrade. Make sure the width fits in the IDPA box.

2. SA flat trigger. A good mod. Mine still has too much take up.

3. Taller front fiber sight (the gun shot very low). I'm still not super happy with this set up, as I find myself using the very bright dot for aiming at intermediate distances when I really want to pick up the top edge. The result it low hits. It seems to be much more of a problem on this gun compared to any of the others I own. I think it may be a function of the combination front sight height and shortish barrel.

Did you bevel the existing magwell or did you add an after market magwell. If it is aftermarket, what did you use.  I haven't seen any that observe the 1.375 inch width.

kneelingatlas, Dave and Stuart,

Thanks for the heads up on machining the shadow release.

Good question. Automatic Accuracy installed an after market (CZC) magwell which they milled down. It's great. However, in getting ready for an IDPA state match I noticed it was still 2 - 3/1000 too wide to fit in the IDPA box. So I filed it down a little.

When I actually put it in the box at the match during scrutineering, there was lots of room - probably because the gun was tilted downwards slightly. 

It made me wonder if it would have fit without the filing. Anyway, I let AA know and they are going to refinish it and tidy it up.

On 10/5/2016 at 8:10 AM, fastlane604 said:

I have a CZ 75 Compact with the perfectly round mag release button.  I am thinking of shooting it in IDPA CCP.  The only extended mag release that I can find has the elongated button.  I am guessing that I am out of luck, but does anyone know of availability of an extended mag release with the round button?

1 hour ago, dennisp5 said:

CZ 85C is flat instead of angled. I think it is your only store bought option. I have one on my 75b and it is better than stock and also  SSP legal.

85c.JPG

Excellent work, thanks for the info, here's the link: https://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/0420005304_Magazine-Catch-85-Combat

We modified a magwell for Morgan Allen on a CCP pistol to fit the box for SW Indoor this year. you have to do a bit of trimming but it can be done.

Not to hijack but I heard there is no SW indoor this year. Is that not true?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk