Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Eye protection for XXL Melon ( 6.5inch Temples ) Help!

Hi guys. Any recommendation for eye protection for XXL heads?

I tried ESS Crossbow and Suppressor and ICE... Not Even Close. So far nothing really fits.

I had some Oakley M Frames laying around . way too small. So I just used heat gun and heated them and spread them out. they Fit ok, but not perfect.

Some cheap Remington frame less from amazon work too.

Any other recommendation?

Should I got to Eye doctor and have them fit me a frame? I have insurance and I wonder if they will cover non prescription lenses... just looking for some ideas.

I am sure I am not the only one with XXL melon.

thank you!

I too have a very large melon. I recently bought a new pair of shooting glasses I am really enjoying. Check out Edge Tactical Eye wear. Particularly there Blade Runner XL. I bought the original blade runners and they were way to small, but the XL I am enjoying very much. I have worn Oakley's, Smith's in the past and personally find these to be every bit as good and much cheaper.

• 9 months later...

70lbs ago I used Rudy Rydons. You have to CAREFULLY file the temples where the corners stop agains the frame to increase the angle of the temples. You can then bend the temples back in towards your head to be as loose or as tight as needed.

• 1 month later...