Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
stango424

Mag couplers

Could be me, but I don't think you need any magazines coupled together for USPSA sense they have no stages with more than 32 rds. 

Could be me, but I don't think you need any magazines coupled together for USPSA sense they have no stages with more than 32 rds. 

Not true, there are stages with higher round counts.

Secondly, that does not account for makeup shots. I feel comfortable saying there is going to be at least one reload on any 32 round long course.

I have only had to reload my PCC on stages with mandatory reloads. Long Glock sticks with Dawson extensions get me an easy 35+1 to start. That's 4 extra. I finished one stage at the TN match empty but had rounds to spare on every other stage.

With the TF extension you get 41 and would certainly be set then. I have one of these on the way.

Need somebody to make extended pads for colt mags. 

30 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Need somebody to make extended pads for colt mags. 

Indeed. I heard TTI Glock pads might work. Anybody who has both care to try it?

15 hours ago, wtturn said:

Rule # 1.2.1.3

Sorry I must have taken the above rule the wrong way

Edited by Philip Dedmon

2 hours ago, Philip Dedmon said:

I have one of the Taylor Freelance Base Pads and it works great. Will hold 41 but I only put 40 in it.

To clarify, TF +10 Glock extension works on Colt SMG mag? Thanks.

I emailed TTI and asked about their glock mag extensions working on colt pattern mags and they said some people are saying they are using them but TTI would not say for sure they work.

I tried TF +5 Glock pads on my PSA/Metalform/Colt mags, & they were too loose. With rounds in them & the spring compressed, they popped off. 

I have a friend that printed me some colt extensions. There is a thread that he posted on them here. I have not tested them yet but they are fit up to my mags, hold 41 rounds, and seam solid. 

Edited by ryan45kim
Link

TT glock +4 base pads work. I have them on 4 metalform/brownells magazines. they do work without modification but the little tab on the body gets in the way a little. I milled a channel in the pad so they would slide on easily. they do not pop off but for whatever reason the +10 will not stay on. IDK why??? they look like they belong.

20160924_170525.jpg

20160924_172256.jpg

20160924_172923.jpg

Tried a TTI M&P +4 my wife has. Might fit with some work but she gets mad when I grind up her stuff. Put it back where I found it.

On 9/30/2016 at 2:00 PM, wtturn said:

Not true, there are stages with higher round counts.

Secondly, that does not account for makeup shots. I feel comfortable saying there is going to be at least one reload on any 32 round long course.

I have never had to reload either except on mandatory reload stages. I have 37 rounds at the start. How much do you plan on missing I suppose. 

6 hours ago, Alaskapopo said:

I have never had to reload either except on mandatory reload stages. I have 37 rounds at the start. How much do you plan on missing I suppose. 

I'm talking about starting a 32rd course with 32 in the mag.