Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 frame options

cpa5oh

As of right now, based on vendor websites, it looks like the only options for 2011 frames are:

- STI frame "kit"

- CK Arms 

The STI Frame "kit" costs $560 (for the long, wide dustcover version) and the CK arms $250 (and already comes with a ramp cut).  I know you get the grip, trigger bow, mag catch, and frame bushings/screws with the STI frame "kit", but I think that's about it versus a bare CK arms frame.  Assuming you'd want a metal grip, extended mag release, and SVI trigger shoe you would be tossing everything that that comes in the "kit" besides the bare frame.  

Am I missing a reason to go with the STI Frame "kit" over the CK arms?  Or am I missing another option?  (I think Phoenix Trinity requires a purchase of 10 frames minimum and I'm not building 10 guns; I don't think STI sells just the bare frame without the rest of the "kit".)

3 hours ago, cpa5oh said:

As of right now, based on vendor websites, it looks like the only options for 2011 frames are:

- STI frame "kit"

- CK Arms 

The STI Frame "kit" costs $560 (for the long, wide dustcover version) and the CK arms $250 (and already comes with a ramp cut).  I know you get the grip, trigger bow, mag catch, and frame bushings/screws with the STI frame "kit", but I think that's about it versus a bare CK arms frame.  Assuming you'd want a metal grip, extended mag release, and SVI trigger shoe you would be tossing everything that that comes in the "kit" besides the bare frame.  

Am I missing a reason to go with the STI Frame "kit" over the CK arms?  Or am I missing another option?  (I think Phoenix Trinity requires a purchase of 10 frames minimum and I'm not building 10 guns; I don't think STI sells just the bare frame without the rest of the "kit".)

not sure the CK $250 frame actually comes with a grip

2 hours ago, tjs375 said:

Check with Phoenix Trinity as posted above.  Someone may have a group order going.

Just got an email reply from them: you have to order 10 at a time.  I imagine that means they don't want to be bothered by non-builders (or local gunsmiths).

2 hours ago, cpa5oh said:

Just got an email reply from them: you have to order 10 at a time.  I imagine that means they don't want to be bothered by non-builders (or local gunsmiths).

There have been some mentions by PT that they are working on selling the frames individually in the near future.

Theres Limited 10 also.  I have a limited gun built on one of their frames that I'm very very happy with so far.  I didn't build it so I cant say how good or bad it was from the factory but the gun shoots awesome.  From what I understand if the builder does his job it doesn't really matter what frame they start with.  Might take a little more or less time depending on which frame but when they're done you will end up the same.