Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig X-5 Open Gun

Gman57

...... Setting up my X5 open for USPSA open class
Got 2-25rd sig mags, 5-TRT +3 21rd mags and the TRT mag well, C-More red dot for the X-mount. Got it sighted in more or less and now working on the right load to provide plenty of gas to optimize the comp.... :D

pics added below

sigx5open1.jpg

sigx5open4.jpg

sigx5open3.jpg

sigx5open2.jpg

sigx5open6.jpg

OPEN.B.jpg

I have to admit I do have a bit of a sick like for them. The very few I've seen in the wild never seemed to run right and one guy in particular had non stop malfunctions in his one, but damn they are a cool looking gun. just so much $$$. I also have always found the sig SAO trigger to feel 'funny'. just doesn't feel good to me. even sounds funny when you dry fire it. 

I hope it kicks arse though! :)

That thing is cool looking. You will have tons of fun in open.

In other news, I don't understand how Sig can try to justify the price that they ask for these things. If they were closer to the 2-3k mark, then maybe they would sell more of them. I think they look kinda cool and different, but an MSRP of 5k is just silly for a factory gun.

Also it bothers me that they leave the front sight on the slide.

9BE7EA6F-1559-4480-BFDA-2BEBFD22149F_zps

My rendition of a X5 open. I designed the comp and magwell. The optic mount is from Heirbert Betterman. The comp in the picture  is actually the minor version of my comp that I use for NRA action pistol. As seen below

0FECC420-BA86-4EA7-BD75-42F076781B1C_zps

Edited by staudacher

I used to get my parts through a friend in Germany that shot open for SIG. He no longer shoots for SIG so that route has dried up for me. However, Heribert speaks English and you should be able to get in touch with him via email. Heribert's website

Good luck with the gun. 

Edited by staudacher