Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BE Thanks for the focus

Hardball

I just wanted to let you know that your words transcend into life as much as they do for shooting. I noticed for the first time tonight, while playing softball with some pretty serious guys, that I was able to focus on every aspect as though it were my gun. My father coached baseball for 30 years, and even played some big league ball before that. In the years that I spent growing up with him, he never could teach me how to focus and let things flow. After reading your words, and a few years to contemplate what focus really is, I found that things flowed rather well tonight. I went 2 for 3 and had some pretty hard balls hit at me. None got through. I now love to play my old position. 3rd base is the hot box where we play, and I used to have a hard time keeping things flowing through fielding to the throw over. Before the game I had the epiphane that it wasn't any different from shooting. I just need to let it happen. It feels good to be in control and delegate your body to do the work while you just monitor. I get it. Thanks a million. We won, by the way. Came back from a 12-4 deficit in the 4th inning to win 13-12 and I put out the last 4 runners. Two with a double play that I initiated. I can attribute everything to focus. I was even told that I am a different person on the field than off. I think that they got it too. All I said was that we needed to focus and make it happen. It did.