Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Good holster for ICORE entry?

Blade Tech is very good.  Holds gun securely and is easy to draw from.  I recently switched to an Ernie Hill Guba Reba holster.  Excellent holster and can be adjusted to fit any revolver out there.  Ernie has been a leader in the holster industry for  years.  The new holster is my favorite.

The Blade Tech units are pretty nice and I see a lot of shooters using them.  I used a leather pancake for a while but eventually ended up with a Double Alpha since it fits all of my guns.  It was $$$ but the N frame insert literally fits every S&W and Ruger I own, some are a little tighter or looser than others but they are all secure. 

On 9/25/2016 at 2:11 PM, Shrek926 said:

The Bladetech OWB, and speed draw both work great. My 10 year old likes the OWB with a slight drop for her 986, and the speed draw for the heavier bulkier 625

I wish our kids could start at 10, 12 is the minimum age in Australia for a minors permit.

I've just switched to using a Viper Products holster, and am pretty impressed so far. It will hold K, L, or N frame revolvers and with loosening 2 screws I can go from 4" to 6" (about 7" on mine which was made a little longer for me). they don't have a webpage yet, but can be reached on facebook https://www.facebook.com/Viper-products-121085211557259/

I wish our kids could start at 10, 12 is the minimum age in Australia for a minors permit.

I've just switched to using a Viper Products holster, and am pretty impressed so far. It will hold K, L, or N frame revolvers and with loosening 2 screws I can go from 4" to 6" (about 7" on mine which was made a little longer for me). they don't have a webpage yet, but can be reached on facebook https://www.facebook.com/Viper-products-121085211557259/

I forget sometimes how awesome it is to have the 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution, and to live in a state that doesn't infringe on parental right on teaching our children about firearms. My kids have been shooting since they were 6-7 years old. Thanks for the link, I'll check them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/24/2016 at 11:11 PM, Shrek926 said:

The Bladetech OWB, and speed draw both work great. My 10 year old likes the OWB with a slight drop for her 986, and the speed draw for the heavier bulkier 625

4c2db6df769d73bb51af4123186f0485.jpg

Has she tried less rearward barrel cant?  Her draws will be smoother and faster with the barrel pointing straight down or even slightly forward.   

Has she tried less rearward barrel cant?  Her draws will be smoother and faster with the barrel pointing straight down or even slightly forward.   

Typically it points straight down. With ammo on the front of her belt it sags, and late into a match she gets less attentive to it to pull the front up. She wants a Hogue, or Guga Ribas.[emoji849]

Gotcha.  With a 5" barrel or less, I strongly prefer the plain ol' Bladetech rig.  So much more secure, and just as fast (you can draw much more positively when you're not worried about knocking the gun onto the ground)!  With my longer tubes, I feel forced to use a "race holster" (CR Speed), but I really don't like the feeling it gives me.