Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Scores that should be flagged "B"

CalTeacher

So I'm currently A in single stack, but I'd be really close to master if it weren't for the fact that I have some older classifiers in the 60-64% range still being counted.  How can these be counted when I have some in the 80's and high 70's that aren't being counted especially since the ones being counted are more than 5% below the minimum for my class?

Anyone else have this problem?

2 hours ago, motosapiens said:

if you got those scores before you  made A class, then they will still count.

why do you have some in the 80's that aren't being counted?

I have no idea.  I have emailed USPSA about this twice and I cannot get an answer.

i suspect that I had bad timing with my scores. I have a 79% and 80% that aren't being counted because I guess they were a few months before I made A and got bumped out by my 86, 92, and 93% scores that are most recent.

well, yeah, if they are old, they won't count anymore.

and if the low scores were before you made A, they will count until they get too old.

My advice  to you is go shoot some more classifiers. Or you could post/pm your uspsa number, and someone good at math could take a look and explain it to you.

Edited by motosapiens

The algorithm in the calculation has one important rule that is not documented in the Rule Book:

If a score has ever been Y or F at any point of time, that score will never become "B". 

In your case, you probably had below-bracket scores for initial classification.  Those used for initial classifications may look below your bracket once you obtained your initial classification, but they will not become "B" because they have been marked as "Y" to start with. 

Since we are on the topic, if I have a score marked "A" (This classifier was not used, since the score is more than 15% above class and determined by the data enterer to be invalid) and I will move up a class such that the criteria would no longer apply (i.e. would be within 15%), will that score be counted towards my classification? Or is an "A" mark simply flagged forever. 

1 hour ago, Darqusoull13 said:

Since we are on the topic, if I have a score marked "A" (This classifier was not used, since the score is more than 15% above class and determined by the data enterer to be invalid) and I will move up a class such that the criteria would no longer apply (i.e. would be within 15%), will that score be counted towards my classification? Or is an "A" mark simply flagged forever. 

i'm guessing it will be there forever, but all you have to do is call or email and assure them the score is valid and they will count it.