Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New PT Evo grip

Edge40

Late to discovering this thread, but if anyone is interested in ordering EVO grips, PM me and I can give you a discount code that takes a little off the price from Phoenix Trinity.  I know it is valid through the end of the year, don't know yet if they will be extended into 2017.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I milled my CK frame within .001 of fitting then hand worked the last bit with needle files. Wasn't even close to fitting when I got it.. I was wishing PT sold their frames in singles. Definitely would have sold one to me..

The grip is awesome, the beavertail fit my frame without any machining.  

I also had to hand work the radius on the grip smaller with the dremel tool to match the frame once I had the main contact surfaces machined to fit. The radius I'm talking about is directly above the mag release. (See the sharpie marks in the picture.)

The PT Evo grip is badass, but it is clearly not made to fit on a CK frame. You are looking at some pretty serious fitting with this combo..

I just bought a gun from Atlas that has one on it and really like it. I have the PT textured grips on both of my limited guns and it is hit or miss how much fitting is required, I had to do a lot of work on one to make it fit. Seems the frame specs vary enough that you just don't know until you try it, also with the Evo the back of the frame near the beavertail is probably going to require blending.

I tried to fit the PT evo to a CK frame and on an STI frame. Both would have required a mill or CNC to remove enough material as it would have taken days by hand (if possible at all). The STI was the closest but the CK was very, very far off. My solution was to order a PT frame from Atlas, the Evo grip almost dropped right on, took about 10 minutes with a stone to get a perfect fit. 

46 minutes ago, BeerBaron said:

Does the pt evo also accept generic 2011 mag catch? I love my ck grips but do wish I could change mag catches if needed (ck mag catch has a lot of extra meat on the right side). 

It sure does

Nice. I understand why ck have the proprietary catch (to match the curved shape on right of grip) but interchangeability is one of the features of having a 2011. The ck grips proprietary magwell I don't understand. Surely it would have been simple enough to make the foot of the grip standard...

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 10:49 AM, accu9 said:

I tried to fit the PT evo to a CK frame and on an STI frame. Both would have required a mill or CNC to remove enough material as it would have taken days by hand (if possible at all). The STI was the closest but the CK was very, very far off. My solution was to order a PT frame from Atlas, the Evo grip almost dropped right on, took about 10 minutes with a stone to get a perfect fit. 

Have you fit your PT frame to a slide? Is there a lot of extra material on the rails to work with or are they machined pretty close? Between having to machine my CK frame to fit my Evo grip and not having much to work with on the rails I'm thinking about starting from scratch and going with a PT frame to avoid a lot of the grip fitting.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/22/2017 at 8:34 AM, CJDOUBLETAP said:

Have you fit your PT frame to a slide? Is there a lot of extra material on the rails to work with or are they machined pretty close? Between having to machine my CK frame to fit my Evo grip and not having much to work with on the rails I'm thinking about starting from scratch and going with a PT frame to avoid a lot of the grip fitting.

Yes, I fit an STI slide to the PT frame. My PT frame had a good amount of material on the rails to work with. 

• 1 year later...