Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

primers

Boy

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked up 15k CCI to go with the 10k I already had, from a local outdoors goods store. Stopped and did a double take when I saw them.

"What's your maximum per customer."

"There isn't one."

"Give me the whole shelf of Small Pistol."

I like to keep 15k+ on hand normally. Easy choice.

Edited by GrumpyOne
Edit to remove political reference

Restricted Content
Politics 
Policy and political discussions or debates of any kind - even if you consider your opinions to be "facts" - are not welcome anywhere in the forum.
Specifically including (but not limited to):
• USPSA vs IPSC
• IPSC vs IDPA
• STI vs SVI
• Limited 10 vs Limited Division
• This Division vs That Division
• This Government vs That Government
• Gun Control Issues

Please, no more political references...

I've edited a few posts to remove political references..

Just now, MemphisMechanic said:

I picked up 15k CCI to go with the 10k I already had, from a local outdoors goods store. Stopped and did a double take when I saw them.

"What's your maximum per customer."

"There isn't one."

"Give me the whole shelf of Small Pistol."

I like to keep 15k+ on hand normally. Easy choice.

same  mindset here.

i  saw  this  thing coming a  year  ago, so  i've  built  a  20'ks   ''stock''    ,anytime  i see  some  i  grab a  few, but true  FSP  are  sparse. 

25 minutes ago, safeactionjackson said:

Picked up 30K of CCI 500's last week, I'll more than likely snag another 30K in the near future. Better stock up before the election, as availability already appears to be an issue :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What election? This is benos, there are no elections!

Got backordered.

I have had zero problems with S&B, I use Federals for Rifle, CCI, and Rem for pistol. No reason other than preference, and a bit of difference in seating. If I only had to use S&B,it would be ok. I just don't like the way they seat, but other than that, they fire fine.

If you are using Firefox the Powder Valley page will not let you load unless you click on the little Icon next to the globe on the left of www.powder valley.com line.

It is Firefox's way of telling you that there is insecure content on the page. It will still work with Interent explorer.

It started the night of the Federal sale that I posted, why I don't know

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/mixed-content-blocking-firefox?redirectlocale=en-US&as=u&redirectslug=how-does-content-isnt-secure-affect-my-safety&utm_source=inproduct

Untitled.png

Edited by bwxmas

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like most places are out so Small Pistol, as least Winchester.  Wanted to pick up 10k.  I did find one place that had them, of course I can't recall where now, but they were overpriced so I was holding off hoping PV would get some more in.  How do CCI small primers compare - would be for range fodder 9mm so don't need anything special really, heck if Cabela's put S&B's back on sale again I would grab some of those...

EDIT - it was Widener's but they are $36 per 1K, no 5k SKU.

Edited by 78Staff

Seems like most places are out so Small Pistol, as least Winchester.  Wanted to pick up 10k.  I did find one place that had them, of course I can't recall where now, but they were overpriced so I was holding off hoping PV would get some more in.  How do CCI small primers compare - would be for range fodder 9mm so don't need anything special really, heck if Cabela's put S&B's back on sale again I would grab some of those...

EDIT - it was Widener's but they are $36 per 1K, no 5k SKU.

CCIs might be a little harder than Wins but in my presses they feed and seat much better than Wins.

Everyone around me is out of Federal SP and I haven't seen them in ages. Everyone has Federal Small pistol magnum primers. Everyone has CCI, Winchester, and even Remington SP primers at some places. In LP, lots of primers from every company, including some of the Federal Gold match primers. (Just bought 2k over the weekend as the limit is 1K of any one type per day, or 4,000 mixed)

Latest update: stopped by field & stream after voting.

They had federal magnum pistol primers, both large and small $44.99 for 1k. They also had cci large pistol primers. No spp, srp, or lrp.

Edited by GrumpyOne BE Forums Moderator to remove political reference. 

52 minutes ago, rustybayonet said:

Latest update: stopped by field & stream after voting.

They had federal magnum pistol primers, both large and small $44.99 for 1k. 

Wow, what a deal! 

57 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Exactly!

Pretty sure you're a 650 user...

CCI are also the only primer my vibraprime eats like candy.

I've always been a CCI guy although my 650 seems to work fine with everything.

I used to run the Wolf before 2008 when they changed the cup.