Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cover garment

Dirtchevy841

Shooting my first match in idpa in October. See a lot of guys using a light brown vest for their cover garment. Does anybody know where they are getting it from. Can't find it anywhere. Also gonna be using my xds 40. What class is it considered to be in. And it holds 7 so I think I can have 4 mags 3  on belt and 1 in gun. 

• 2 months later...

For your first match I wouldn't worry about having 'the' vest.  Anything that has a bit of weight to it so it will actually swing out of the way when you flick it back with work well enough to get you started.  The tropical shirts have a tendency to fall back onto the gun before a novice finishes drawing from the holster.  I wear a heavy suede vest from Germany that I bought in a Parisian consignment shop. I'm just not sure what decade it was in style in Europe...

By any chance, do you guys have the direct link on their website? When I searched for it, it comes up as armordillo concealment. There is one site that says Armadillo concealment but it says he's not accepting orders at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

For me a 5.11 style vest is the fastest and most consistent. However, polo shirts or unbuttoned shirts are near as fast, but on a windy day a light unbuttoned shirt can put up quite the fight when trying to clear it.