Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock II shearing lugs

Deathray

So I'm the second owner of a Stock II that I got nearly unfired (and it truly looked it, plus the gun was imported less than a year ago)
  Previous owner claimed less than 50 rounds through it.

I did a thorough inspection on it and took it out today, on the second mag I had a failure to eject and the damn thing was locked up tight.  I tapped the slide stop out and found this:

lugs2.jpg

Slide seems OK

slide2.jpg

Ammo was Perfecta 115gr, no sign of damage or over pressure to the casing in the gun.

So my question is: how screwed am I likely to be with EAA customer service since I'm not the original owner?  The gun is stock other than a Dawson fiber front sight and a spring kit from Ben Stoeger's shop. 

EDIT: 10 pound recoil spring

Edited by Deathray

Contrary to internet legend, I have had good experiences with EAA customer service both times I've had to deal with them. I was the original owner each time, but they seem to do better than they did 5-10 years ago...

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

I hope you're right.  I sent an email off to them and hopefully I'll get something back that isn't along the lines of "I hope you got a great deal, because that's a $300 barrel and $100 for fitting."

Well better in my backyard than at the Resurgence match next week, guess the P09 is coming along now.

Edited by Deathray
I accidentally a word

I'd send it back.  The Barrel wasn't fit correctly so it didn't drop into the lugs fully and then popped out under recoil force (at a guess).  Hopefully they tidy it up for you quick and cheap, but I agree that you will probably need to pay for delivery to them. 

Shipping fees are the least of my worry here.  I'm more worried about the $300 price tag on the Limited barrel since there's no Stock II barrel for sale on the webstore.

It went into battery just fine, I collected and measured all but two of the cases I fired and they were all in spec for length.  (the other two got sacrificed to the grass gods)

Edited by Deathray

It's just a a hair to a couple hair widths from completely being in battery. It looks to have started to engage the lugs...but didn't quite make it. 

4 hours ago, ryridesmotox said:

Kinda surprised it went into battery if the barrel wasn't fitted properly

I'm willing to be that they'll make it right.  I bought a used CZC SP-01 Shadow that wasn't working properly.  Shipped it back to CZC and they fixed it and shipped it back without charging me (even though I asked them how much it was going to be).

Interesting. I have one I need to check. It's noticeably more clunky while shooting and I couldn't figure out what was catching in there. I was going to get the dremel out, but I keep it in a different safe and my wife won't give me the combination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 9/20/2016 at 10:55 AM, Deathray said:

Shipping fees are the least of my worry here.  I'm more worried about the $300 price tag on the Limited barrel since there's no Stock II barrel for sale on the webstore.

It went into battery just fine, I collected and measured all but two of the cases I fired and they were all in spec for length.  (the other two got sacrificed to the grass gods)

limited barrel won't work in a stock II anyway. the limited cone barrel is longer so it won't lockup correctly in a stock II slide. 4.5inch vs 4.75inch.

• 1 month later...

I did not tell them I was not the original owner and they did not ask.  My receipt didn't specify one way or the other.

I did have to pay shipping, but I have not gotten the gun back yet so I have no idea about the sight.