Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need Muzzle Break Guidance for RPR in 6.5

Kmarsh1966

Was going to send this same link, awesome info based on what you need.  I have several brakes from Jim at Centershot rifles and they do work well!  Both the blast tamer and Muscle brake, they are a bit heavy though, compared to brakes of similar size.  I know the APA Little Bas**** is "most effective" and I do like the way it sits on a varmint barrel/it's size and weight, but holy cow I shot it once in the field without hearing protection (yell at me if you want) and I will never under any circumstances do that again.  I've done this with other brakes for hunting and it wasn't nearly the bad experience.

I have a micro bastard that I use on my 6mm fat rat and .308, and it is excellent.  None of my barrels are heavy enough for the little bastard, which is frequently recommended.  I'm wondering what kind of truck axles you all are using for barrels when you recommend the bigger brakes!!

There is an updated version of that test and the Khantrol Hexmod came in 3rd, but there was only 1% difference between #1 and #3 in physical reduction.  The Khan brothers ar big supporters of the shooting sports.

I have their brake on all my precision rifles.

I have to revise my recommendation, the Master Piece Arms brake is also badass, I ROed a couple stages at the Outback Precision Rifle Series Match this weekend, the MPA braked rifles were almost completely still like the APA braked rifles.

http://masterpiecearms.com/shop/mpa-premium-bolt-action-muzzle-brake-6-5mm/

• 4 months later...