Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I bought that "Dry Fire Mag"

CarlB86

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 11:22 AM, fireman1776 said:

How does this work with aftermarket triggers? Does it closely mimic them or a factory Glock?

When I ordered mine they sent an email before shipping asking what kind of trigger I have and pull weight. I have a DK Custom trigger and the pull weight is about 3Lb. The Dry Fire mag is pretty close on the pull weight and works good. Obviously, it doesn't replicate live fire.

I think it may be more physiological help than anything else. You feel the trigger pull and hear the reset click. So, it makes dry fire a little more interesting. If you're practicing transitions it is more fun to at least pull the trigger and hear it reset than saying "bang, bang, bang" in your mind with a dead trigger.

Edited by SWHlctx

• 3 weeks later...

I put an order in for one a few days ago and was curious if anyone has tried it with a laser lyte barrel trainer.  

The laser lyte barrel trainer is a sound activated bore laser.  All of the other bore training lasers I've seen require the firing pin strike and reset.  I am hoping the click from the Dry Fire Mag is sufficient to activate the laser lyte barrel laser. Ideally the trigger break click would activate the laser and the trigger reset click would not. If that combination works, I think it would be the perfect setup for L.A.S.R steel challenge, it would enable you to use your gun instead of a Sirt for follow up laser shots on the steel challenge LASR software. Anyone try this yet?

• 1 month later...

Thank you for creating this thread as I have never seen this product before. I have had great success with my sirt, but this is a much cheaper alternative for trigger reset and doesn't require upgrading your sirt to replicate your match gun.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I sold mine as well.   Not worth the price. The trigger pull wasn't the same. Depending on the trigger setup it would work in some of my guns but not in others. Also, it couldn't keep up with my trigger speed.  Sometimes wouldn't reset fast enough.  

13 minutes ago, yigal said:

much cheaper and better than this: cause by dry firing.

תוצאת תמונה עבור ‪glock slide cracks‬‏

Glock should replace at no charge.  

Also, you should not dry fire a Glock without a snap cap. I've done it for years but it's eventually gonna break the striker or the breach face could crack. 

I had no clue there was such a risk from dry firing without a snap cap. I've been using the Dry-fire mag and it's helped me get out of a rut from my transitions. When I do trigger pull dry fires, I never have any follow through to a follow up shot and target transition. It's really helped from that perspective. 

On 11/3/2016 at 6:10 PM, fireman1776 said:

Has anyone tried it with a dk custom trigger?

I know this is a super old post, but I've noticed it does not work as well with the DK Custom trigger as it does with a stock trigger group. The click isn't as consistent so I can only think that it has to do with the lightened springs. I don't think it's anything specifically related to the DK Custom triggers. 

2 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

Glock should replace at no charge.  

Also, you should not dry fire a Glock without a snap cap. I've done it for years but it's eventually gonna break the striker or the breach face could crack. 

thank u .i know this .unfortunately  i don't have  glock anymore .

but in army they do this all the time.

17 minutes ago, touji said:

I had no clue there was such a risk from dry firing without a snap cap. I've been using the Dry-fire mag and it's helped me get out of a rut from my transitions. When I do trigger pull dry fires, I never have any follow through to a follow up shot and target transition. It's really helped from that perspective. 

I know this is a super old post, but I've noticed it does not work as well with the DK Custom trigger as it does with a stock trigger group. The click isn't as consistent so I can only think that it has to do with the lightened springs. I don't think it's anything specifically related to the DK Custom triggers. 

It's because of the connector angles are different and that has an affect on how the trigger bar drops down and resets. 

I also had no idea about the dangers of dry firing without a snap cap until I broke stuff. Glocks website even says to use snap caps for dry firing. 

Edited by B_RAD

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...